Tyson Fury has revealed he could retire from boxing by the end of the year.
The former heavyweight world champion has said he will fight three more times – including against Deontay Wilder next month – before hanging up his gloves.
Fury will bid to become a two-weight ruler on February 22 when he challenges Wilder for a second time following their controversial draw in 2018.
He could then face Wilder for a third time this summer – leaving just one more fight before he retires.
Responding to promoter Lou Di Bella and WBO president Paco Valcarcel’s suggestion Fury fight Bakhodir Djalolov, the Briton said: “You think I’m going to wait around for a six-fight novice to build up, haha; I got three fights left I’m out.”
Fury was dropped twice by Wilder in their first fight but had still done enough to win before the ringside judges scored the bout a draw.
The giant Traveller has fought twice since, beating Tom Schwarz and Otto Wallin, while Wilder has knocked out Dominic Breazeale and Luis Ortiz.
The loser of the rematch will have the right to call for a third fight – and earn 40 per cent of the purse.
Should Fury win both fights, he could sign off his career with a clash with Anthony Joshua who regained his three heavyweight titles by outpointing Andy Ruiz Jr in their rematch last month.
Joshua may first have to face mandatory challengers Kubrat Pulev and Oleksandr Usyk before any unification clash with either Fury or Wilder.
Fury and Wilder will not face the press before fight week in Las Vegas with the former claiming his rival is running scared.
He said: “This is Tyson Fury AKA the Gypsy King this is a message to Deontay the Bronze Bomber the big p***y Wilder.
“He’s not turned up to any of the media events today, blagging he’s got the flu because he doesn’t want to be in the same room as me because I’ll take him to school.
“His management team and his full team are afraid to put Deontay Wilder in the same room as Tyson Fury, facts.
“Keep him away Al, keep him away Shelly, keep him away his wife.
“Deontay, what a little bitch you’ve become. You can’t even come and see me and be face-to-face with me as you know you’ll be taken to school… p***y.”
- Tyson Fury's motivation questioned ahead of third fight with Deontay Wilder
- Tyson Fury compared to Muhammad Ali and George Foreman ahead of Tom Schwarz fight
- Dillian Whyte defeat is blessing in disguise for Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua clash
- Anthony Joshua backed to beat Tyson Fury and ‘catch him quickly’ but will struggle past four rounds, predicts Bellew
- Tyson Fury hails Povetkin after shock knockout of Dillian Whyte as Russian stuns Brit with wonder punch at age of 40
- Tyson Fury's verdict on Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield comebacks
- Anthony Joshua will fight Dillian Whyte before Tyson Fury in unification bout if Gypsy King dodges WBC mandatory defence
- Deontay Wilder is ‘one of the worst boxers around’ and Tyson Fury should focus on Anthony Joshua, says raging Nigel Benn
- Anthony Joshua will NOT fight Tyson Fury if Gypsy King is stripped of WBC belt and will face Dillian Whyte instead
- Anthony Joshua meets up with Tyson Fury amid ongoing talks of unification fight
- Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua edges closer after Dillian Whyte's defeat
- Tyson Fury tipped to vacate WBC heavyweight belt to avoid Dillian Whyte… and line up Anthony Joshua showdown
- Tyson Fury tells Anthony Joshua to "stop running" and put his "nuts in a handbag"
- Tyson Fury beating Deontay Wilder would match legends' comebacks, says ex-champ
- Tyson Fury tells Floyd Mayweather he will ‘smash’ Deontay Wilder in trilogy fight – not matter what he teaches him
- Tyson Fury responds to claim he has fought "a bunch of tomato cans"
- Watch Tyson Fury train on beach in preparation for Deontay Wilder and entertain crowd by singing American Pie
- Tyson Fury blasts claims he has only ‘beaten a bunch of tomato cans’ and roars ‘I’m a dragon slayer’
- Anthony Joshua vs Kubrat Pulev targeted for week before Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder
- Tyson Fury tells Anthony Joshua to stop ‘making excuses’ and make fight after Dillian Whyte hurdle was removed
Tyson Fury sets retirement date ahead of Deontay Wilder rematch have 706 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 7, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.