Two British sisters have died in Pakistan after reportedly being found unconscious in a bathroom.
The women, aged 17 and 25, were visiting the country with their parents to honour their late grandfather, according to Pakistani media.
They were found unconscious in the bathroom of a property in the village of Mirpur, northeastern Pakistan, following a suspected gas leak, Dunya News reported.
The sisters were taken to hospital in a critical condition but died later, it said.
The cause of their deaths has not yet been confirmed.
The sisters were reportedly in Pakistan with their parents to observe the anniversary of their grandfather’s death.
The Foreign Office confirmed two British women had died in Gujrat, Pakistan, and it was offering consular support to the family.
A Foreign Office spokeswoman told Sky News: “We are in contact with the local authorities following the death of two British women in Gujrat, Pakistan, and have offered consular support to the family.”
- Anguish as young Belfast sisters die weeks apart
- British woman dies on Edinburgh-bound Ryanair plane in Majorca
- British man dies after Cannes yacht crash
- Louis Tomlinson's sister died after 'accidental overdose'
- This Morning's Ruth Langsford 'heartbroken' after sister dies
- British man dies in Majorca while cycling along coastal road
- British student dies on internship in Madagascar
- British hiker dies on Marbella’s la Concha mountain
- British tourist dies suddenly in hotel swimming pool
- British man dies in 'noise row' Thai hotel fight