Nicole Scherzinger and Thom Evans have just went Instagram official as a couple after months of speculation, but it seems that the former rugby star has had his eye on the Pussy Cat Doll singer for quite some time.
According to reports from The Sun , Evans has been attempting to pursue the 41-year-old brunette for over six years.
Delving into their past encounters, the inside source revealed that Thom’s first made a bid for her affections at the 2014 Global Gift Gala fundraiser in London, but things didn’t go to plan.
The Pussy Cat Dolls singer’s on-off relationship with formula one star Lewis Hamilton has been the topic of many a headline, and during his first encounter with Nicole, she was going through a rough patch with her beau.
Following this rejection, the 34-year-old is said to have stuck to following her on social media before finally developing a relationship with her during his time on X Factor with fellow rugby stars Ben Foden and Levi Davis in their band Try Star.
Speaking to The Sun, the insider revealed that Thom was confident he could win Nicole’s affection by spending time with her.
“Thom knew he’d have a lot of fun on the show and not just because of the singing” they explained.
“He’s been after Nicole for some time and was confident that spending so much time in her company would give him the opportunity to woo her.”
“In the end, she couldn’t resist Thom’s charms, despite the fact that she was meant to be judging him.”
Nicole Scherzinger finally put an end to speculation and confirmed her fiery romance with Thom Evans after the pair made their first red carpet debut at the Golden Globes after-party last night.
The ‘Don’t Cha’ singer looked sensational on the red carpet amongst some of Hollywood’s biggest stars as she stunned in a dusty pink one-shouldered gown which featured a statement silver zip down the side.
The brunette beauty wore her hair up in a loose up-do style, and she finished off the glamorous look by accessorizing with statement diamond earrings and a matching bracelet and ring.
And alongside the Pussy Cat Doll star stood her new beau who complimented her beautifully in a dapper tuxedo.
The former rugby player finished off the sophisticated look with a shiny pair of loafers – choosing to leave his socks at home.
Adding fuel to the already red-hot fire, both Nicola and Thom posted the gorgeous picture of themselves on their Instagram accounts, but cryptically didn’t write captions, much to their fans dismay.
It wasn’t long before Nicole’s Instagram was bombarded with comments about the pair’s clever debut.
“Oh my god. WHAT a reveal. You two look so so good together!” wrote one over-joyed fan.
While another wrote: “Absolutely amazing. You two are stunning together!”.
Thom has a famous list of girlfriends including 90210 star Jessica Lowndes and model Kelly Brook.
- Evans man sentenced for tricking his girlfriend’s 87-year-old grandfather into signing over his home
- Denver man arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder in death of girlfriend’s 3-year-old son
- Chase Bank announces three-year, $3 million grant supporting community organizations in Cleveland, Cincinnati and Columbus
- Minnesota Man Accused of Raping His Girlfriend's 4-year-old Daughter, Giving Her Gonorrhea
- Denver man charged with first-degree murder in death of girlfriend’s 3-year-old son
- Mesquite man killed girlfriend's 3-year-old son while watching him, police say
- Grand Prairie man guilty of capital murder in 'savage' beating of girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter
- Colorado man gets 7 years for trying to steal house
- Teen Mom Jenelle Evans Says 'Everything's Fine' After 911 Fight With Husband
- Chris Evans Bids Farewell To 'The Avengers' In Emotional Tweet