Every great race deserves a replay and last month’s thrilling Tingle Creek could be played out once more at Ascot, where the first and second face each other in the Clarence House Chase. Defi Du Seuil (3.35) is rightly favourite to come out on top again. This could be called an away game for him, as he was beaten at odds-on when he last ran at Ascot, whereas Un De Sceaux is a triple winner of this race. But Defi’s yard was under a cloud when he flopped here in 2017 and he has since made up into an exciting chaser. With Philip Hobbs’s runners in great form, he should get his third win of the season. 1.50 Ascot Papagana should not be underestimated but it is easy enough to accept Magic Of Light as the superior talent and she can repeat last year’s success. 2.05 Haydock A hood is tried on Edwardstone, who raced keenly in victory at Aintree last month. He wouldn’t get away with similar behaviour on this deeper ground and Thebannerkingrebel makes more appeal. He won here in November and should thrive in the mud, though his jumping could be tidier. 2.25 Ascot A disappointing eight… Read full this story
- Talking Horses: Moore in isolation after trip for Champions Weekend
- Talking Horses: no picnic but racing with cash bets returns at St Leger
- Authentic, Bob Baffert’s Kentucky Derby win a familiar sight in unfamiliar times
- Royal Ascot considers axing Rule Britannia and Land of Hope And Glory from traditional singalong amid fears of a backlash over 'racism'
- Big name entries take shape but crowds far from guaranteed at Ascot for QIPCO British Champions Day
- Templegate’s tips, latest betting and offers for today’s racing from Ascot, Haydock, Kempton, Sedgefield and Thirsk
- Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Reunion: Lisa Rinna accuses Denise Richards of 'gaslighting' cast
- Mel C 'earned more than £2 million from the Spice Girls reunion tour'... after fuelling rumours of a 25th anniversary event next year
- RHOBH's Denise Richards WALKS OUT of virtual reunion... as Lisa Rinna leads co-stars calling out the actress over her 'lies' in explosive new clip
- 'He's just given up': Melbourne Cup-winning champion racehorse Subzero dies of a broken heart just months after his long-term carer dies from cancer
Talking Horses: Defi Du Seuil can win Ascot reunion with Un De Sceaux have 379 words, post on www.theguardian.com at January 18, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.