The 30-share BSE index was trading 204.30 points or 0.49 per cent higher at 41,528.11.
Similarly, the broader NSE was trading 46.70 points, or 0.38 per cent, up at 12,216.55.
Infosys was the top gainer in the sensex pack, rising up to 1.46 per cent, followed by Bharti Airtel, SBI, Sun Pharma, TCS, Bajaj Finance, HCL Tech, RIL and HDFC duo.
On the other hand, ONGC, NTPC, PowerGrid, Asian Paints and Hero MotoCorp fell up to 2.61 per cent.
According to traders, domestic investors turned positive following recovery in other Asian markets after a day of massive selloff after the outbreak of a new deadly virus in China.
Bourses in Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul were trading on a positive note in their early sessions, while Shanghai was still in the red.
Brent crude oil futures slipped 0.36 per cent to $64.36 per barrel.
Meanwhile, the rupee appreciated marginally to 71.18 against the US dollar in morning session.
In the previous session, sensex settled 205.10 points, or 0.49 per cent, lower at 41,323.81; while the Nifty settled 54.70 points, or 0.45 per cent, lower at 12,169.85.
Meanwhile, on a net basis, foreign institutional investors sold equities worth Rs 50.08 crore, while domestic institutional investors offloaded shares worth Rs 307.81 crore on Tuesday, data available with stock exchanges showed.
- Sensex jumps 178 points; Nifty reclaims 10,600 level
- Sensex jumps 355 points, Nifty above 10,700
- Sensex jumps over 200 points; Nifty tops 10,800
- Taking Stock: Financials drag market; Sensex plunges 600 points, Nifty holds 10600
- Sensex soars 336 points, Nifty above 10,860 in early trade
- Sensex rallies 408 points, Nifty finishes above 10,800
- Sensex rallies 409 points; Nifty tops 10,800-level
- Taking Stock: PM Modi's pep talk at global event lifts sentiment; Nifty reclaims 10,800 levels
- Sensex jumps over 200 pts in early trade; Nifty tests 10,750
- Sensex jumps over 2,400 points; 4 factors which fuelled the rally
- Sensex sheds 143 points but up for 4th week straight
- Sensex rises 409 points on firm global cues; Q1 earnings in focus
- Sensex rises 99 points, RIL hits record high
- Markets end with deep cuts, Sensex tanks 661 points
- Sensex sheds 143 points on weak global cues; financial stocks tumble
- Markets open in red; Sensex down 108 points
- Sensex rallies 548 points; Reliance, HDFC Bank spurt nearly 4%
- Bank stocks drag Sensex down 661 points at close
- Financial stocks drag Sensex down 143 points at close
- Indian Bourses Continue to Rally Despite Rating Downgrade, Sensex Up 310 Points in Opening Trading
Sensex jumps over 200 points; Nifty reclaims 12,200 have 385 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at January 22, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.