THE Queen has demanded Harry and Meghan pay back the £2.4million of taxpayers’ money spent turning Frogmore Cottage into their dream home after quitting “the Firm.” As payback for quitting royal duties, the pair will foot the huge cost of refurbishing their Windsor residence — where they only moved in last April. The couple decided to leave Kensington Palace for the Grade II-listed property, which was a gift from The Queen. Now it’s suspected that the couple could face paying £30,000 in rent a month in order to retain Frogmore Cottage – even though they will spend most of the year abroad. Builders worked around the clock for about six months so they could move in before the birth of baby Archie. But right from the start, the move was blighted by controversy over the excessive cost to the taxpayer.Royal expert and author Robert Jobson said at the time: “It’s cost far too much money. “They should have seen this coming. They could have avoided this by moving next to William and Kate (at Kensington Palace).” He added: “The way this has been handled is not ideal.” The property was totally overhauled by the pair. The project involved knocking five… Read full this story
- Harry pays tribute to Fiji’s fallen soldiers in solemn ceremony
- ‘Demanding’ Meghan Markle ’emails staff instructions as early as 5AM’, it’s claimed as personal assistant quits in tears
- Queen 'warned Prince Harry about "difficult" Meghan’s attitude after tiara row'
- Meghan, Harry and David Beckham cheer Invictus basketball finals
- I’m A Celeb Bosses fear Harry Redknapp and Anne Hegerty could quit the show as the pair grow tired of Nick Knowles
- Pay tribute to Cash
- Meghan Markle pays touching tribute to Princess Diana on first day of tour
- The only thing that surprised the Queen about Meghan Markle's wedding dress
- Prince Harry 'was warned by the Queen about Meghan's attitude after tiara row'
- Prince Harry pays tribute to Prince Charles' fight to save environment and vows to continue his work
Queen demanded Meghan and Harry pay back £2.4m Frogmore cash as payback for quitting the Firm have 337 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at January 19, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.