PRINCE Andrew’s pal Ghislaine Maxwell’s personal emails have been hacked sparking fears that damaging information about the royal could come out.
Maxwell’s lawyers sent a letter on December 5 to New York federal court Judge Loretta A. Preska, but it was made public last week.
Ty Gee wrote about “the difficulty and complexity” of process as there are more than 8.600 pages, and that is “difficult-to-overstate importance to the lives of Ms. Maxwell and the non-parties”, DailyMail.com reported.
The letter adds that the project “could not be accomplished by scanning or speed-reading’ as each page had to be carefully analysed to redact, for example, ‘a surname or an email address'”.
Gee is referring to details that were released on accident in the 2,000 pages that were made public by the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
It revealed that Maxwell was accused of procuring underage girls for the dead paedo Epstein.
Maxwell has denied those charges.
Gee wrote: “Despite the Second Circuit’s best efforts, it made serious mistakes. For example, it redacted a non-party’s name in one location but not another; so the media immediately gained access to that name.
“As another example, it redacted Ms. Maxwell’s email address (which linked to her own domain name) in one location but not another; shortly afterward hackers breached the host computer.”
The emails were sent after Roberts lodged court papers in Florida claiming she had been forced to have sex with Prince Andrew.
The Duke is said to have written: “Let me know when we can talk. Got some specific questions to ask you about Virginia Roberts.”
Ms Maxwell replies: “Have some info. Call me when you have a moment.”
The court papers were later struck from US civil court records when a judge ruled them “immaterial and impertinent” to allegations against Epstein.
Roberts claims she was forced to have sex with Prince Andrew in London, New York and the US Virgin Islands at the age of 17 in 2001.
Prince Andrew has strongly denied the claims.
sympathy for the victims of Epstein, who was found hanged in jail in August while awaiting trial for sex trafficking.
The Duke was also ridiculed over his repeated denials of any sexual relationship with then 17-year-old Virginia Roberts.
He claimed he had taken his daughter Princess Beatrice to a Pizza Express in Woking on the night he is accused of sleeping with Roberts, a “sex slave” of Epstein.
Andrew also said he did not regret having been a friend of Epstein, who killed himself in jail aged 66.
MOST READ IN WORLD NEWS
China’s president warns coronavirus is ACCELERATING as 1,600 infected
Coronavirus ground zero is now a ‘zombieland’ with people collapsing in streets
Desperate 2-DAY wait to see doc as China accused of bullying to downplay crisis
‘Fitting’ patient writhes on trolley in virus ground zero as death toll hits 54
FATHER FROM HELL
British dad ‘battered toddler daughter to death’ inside Kazakhstan hotel
The Duke announced he was standing back from all of the organisations of which he is a patron as the fallout from the interview continues.
Epstein was first jailed in 2008 for procuring an underage girl for prostitution. He got an 18-month sentence, during which he was able to go on “work release” to his office six days a week. He was released on probation after 13 months.
This July he was arrested on sex trafficking allegations. On August 10 he was found hanged at the New York Metropolitan Correctional Centre — three weeks after being found unconscious with neck injuries.
- Epstein’s ‘Slave’ Virginia Giuffre Details First Time She Had Sex With ‘Abuser’ Prince Andrew
- Prince Andrew Reportedly Flew on Epstein's Jet With Ex-Miss Russia Who Allegedly Dated George Soros
- Prince Andrew Breaks Silence About Jeffrey Epstein With Concerning Statement
- FBI expands Jeffrey Epstein probe; hopes to snare more Prince Andrew accusers
- Resurfaced Video of Jeffrey Epstein and Prince Andrew With Young Girls Alarms Social Media
- Prince Andrew in Spotlight Again Amid Reports of 'Regular' Visits to Epstein’s Paris Apartment
- Prince Andrew arrives in Bangkok to help young entrepreneurs as he battles continuing storm over his links with billionaire paedophile Jeffery Epstein
- Is this the proof that the infamous picture of Prince Andrew and Epstein WASN'T staged? Nine years on a photographer reveals how Central Park snap was taken
- Sarah Ferguson reveals what it's like living with Prince Andrew
- Prince Andrew uploads family photo to his Facebook page