Pierce Brosnan’s estranged son Christopher stepped out in London on Friday.
The filmmaker, 47, cut a casual figure as he focused on his phone during a stroll around Notting Hill.
Pierce and son Christopher have been estranged for 15 years after the former Bond actor, 66, revealed he had ‘cut him off’ when Christopher refused to kick his drug habit.
Out and about: Pierce Brosnan’s estranged son Christopher, 47, cut a casual figure as he stepped out in London on Friday
Christopher cut a casual figure in a zip-up black utility jacket and jeans as he headed into the capital.
He finished his outfit with a black flat cap and grey scarf as he enjoyed a spot of fresh air in the capital.
Christopher seemed mostly preoccupied by his phone as he was spotted on a rare appearance in the capital.
Relaxed: The filmmaker cut a casual figure in a black utility jacket, grey scarf and jeans during the stroll around Notting Hill
Outing: Christopher seemed mostly preoccupied by his phone as he was spotted on a rare appearance in the capital
Pierce adopted both Chris and his late sister Charlotte when their biological father Dermot died in 1986, while he was married to Cassandra.
Chris’s mother Cassandra, passed away at the age of 43 following a battle with ovarian cancer, back in 1991.
His sister Charlotte tragically also died from ovarian cancer in 2013 at the age of just 41.
Family woes: Chris’ sighting comes 15 years after the actor, 65, revealed he had ‘cut him off’ following his refusal to kick his drug habit (Pictured together in 2007)
Despite having famous parents, Christopher made a name for himself in the film industry, working as an assistant director on Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough and The Thomas Crown Affair.
Chris later starred on the original Love Island series in 2005.
But the talented filmmaker fell into a downwards spiral and suffered from cocaine and heroin addictions.
He once fell into a coma following an overdose and went on to have several brushes with the law.
In 1997, the director was jailed for three months for drink-driving after being fined £1,000 for the same offence the year earlier.
Family: Chris is the biological son of Australian actress Cassandra Harris – who passed away at the age of 43 following a battle with ovarian cancer in 1991 (Pictured with Pierce in 1983)
He was also involved in a massive brawl at Browns nightclub in London and was later banned from the venue.
Back in 2005, Pierce said Chris’ woes had prompted him to ‘cut him off’.
Speaking to Playboy in 2005, Pierce said: ‘Christopher is still very lost. Shockingly so. I know where he is, but he’s having a hard life.
‘I can only have strong faith and believe he will recover. He has tested everybody in this family but none more so than himself. He knows how to get out. He doesn’t want to.
‘He has tested everybody’: Pierce was open and honest about their relationship at the time, claiming that Chris’ woes had prompted him to ‘cut him off’ (Pictured together 1998)
Heartbreak: Christopher’s sister Charlotte (R) tragically died from ovarian cancer – the same illness that took the life of her mother – in 2013 at the age of just 41 (Pictured 2003)
Proving that it was a case of tough love, Pierce continued: ‘It’s painful because you shut down. You never completely cut them off, but I have cut Christopher off. I had to say, “Go. Get busy living, or get busy dying”. He has my prayers.’
Pierce went on to marry Keely Shaye Smith. The pair have been together since 1994 and tied the knot at Ballintubber Abbey in County Mayo, Ireland, in 2001.
The actor has often been vocal about how Keely saved him from depression following his personal tragedies, describing her as a ‘strength I wouldn’t be able to live without’.
Pierce has suffered a great deal of personal tragedy after losing his first wife Cassandra in 1991, and then his adoptive daughter Charlotte in 2013.
Speaking in 2014 at the Stand Up To Cancer telethon in LA, he revealed: ‘To watch someone you love have his or her life eaten away bit by bit by this insidious disease, that kind of sorrow becomes an indelible part of your psyche.’
Moving on: Pierce went on to marry Keely Shaye Smith. The pair have been together since 1994 and tied the knot at Ballintubber Abbey in County Mayo, Ireland, in 2001 (above in 2018)
- Inside Wandsworth prison: drug drones and demoralised staff
- 'I'm disturbed by nightmares and pain': One of Joseph McCann's 11 victims tells how 'psycho' robbed her of life as a 'thriving' 25-year-old professional woman who dreamt of a family - as he's jailed for 30 years for rape rampage
- GQ Men of the Year Awards: Jack Whitehall savages the government and THAT toe-curling Imagine video as he pokes fun at the 'sh*tastrophe that was 2020' in first ever virtual ceremony
- The Wan Chai connection: The Washington-accused drug lords, gun runners and dictators' financiers tied to one Hong Kong district
- Moment news camera crew were attacked LIVE on air at Black Lives Matter protests in London where mobs of 'protesters' also attacked police after officers took a knee in solidarity
- Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Des O'Connor to Diego Maradona
- Is your area getting a coronavirus mass testing scheme? Sixty-seven English councils that are part of pilot scheme to cut Covid infection rates revealed
- The 15 best movies about music
- Hidden horror of Britain’s ‘lost’ children vanishing from our schools then being groomed by drug gangs & sex beasts
- No10 slaps down US's top virus expert Anthony Fauci and says 'NO corners have been cut' with Pfizer vaccine approval - as adviser says he is SORRY for accusing UK of 'rushing' process and admits regulators are 'pros'
Pierce Brosnan's estranged son Christopher, 47, steps out in London... 15 years since the actor cut him off over his refusal to kick drug habit have 993 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 17, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.