The European Union’s decision to accept “Brexit,” the United Kingdom’s exit from the EU, has not left House Speaker Nancy PelosiNancy PelosiTrump criticizes House Democrats over war powers bill after telling lawmakers to vote their heart Overnight Defense: Bolton, GOP senators see close ties challenged | Republicans fume over Dem maneuver on Iran bills |Trump criticizes Democrats over war powers vote Lawmakers wager chocolate, barbecue on Super Bowl outcome MORE (D-Calif.) ready to support a potential trade deal between the United States and UK.“I don’t think we’ll know for a while,” she said in response to a question from The Hill about a potential deal.Pelosi said last year that she would oppose a UK trade deal if Brexit harmed the Good Friday Accords, an agreement that led to power sharing in Northern Ireland, and which was ratified in elections in Ireland and Northern Ireland. The agreement was reached after decades of violence involving paramilitary groups and the UK government known as “the Troubles.”“I hope and pray that it’s ok and we don’t have to engage in this, but I don’t think we can make a judgement on the strength of the EU saying they have accepted Brexit,” Pelosi said.“I think… Read full this story
- Corbyn: PM Must Guarantee UK Trade Deal With US Not to Lead to NHS Privatization
- EU’s Barnier warns of tough times ahead on UK trade deal
- Should we be worried about food standards if there is a US-UK trade deal?
- Corbyn Slams UK Cabinet for 'Dithering' on Brexit Over Coveted US-UK Trade Deal
- Potential UK-US Free Trade Deal Could Threaten NHS, Yet Not 'Catastrophe'
- UK planning laws could scupper no-deal Brexit, Philip Hammond warns
- No-deal Brexit would be catastrophic for UK farmers, warns NFU
- Can Boris Johnson really strike a free trade deal with the EU in 2020? | Euronews answers
- UK trade secrets... spotted on the 7.22: Brexit aide snapped on train exposing confidential plan to cut funding for endangered species and climate change
- I could not be in a government that advocated a no-deal Brexit
Pelosi unready to support UK trade deal as Brexit progresses have 341 words, post on thehill.com at January 30, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.