The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) is all set to introduce paid parking under the newly-inaugurated flyover at Income Tax crossroads.
The spot will offer parking for 355 two-wheelers and 65 four-wheelers. Tendering process for the same has been completed and Sakhi Mandal has been given permission to run the parking lot on temporary basis.
Chaitanya Shah, Deputy Town Development Officer of the AMC Estate department, said, “We have temporarily allocated the paid parking under Income tax flyover to Sakhi Mandal. The tender has been floated and whosoever wins the bid will then operate the parking lot for a fixed tenure.”
Rushi Pandya, Additional Engineer, West zone, said, “Besides the parking lot, we are also constructing public toilet under the flyover. Work on it should be completed soon.”
Honey Patel (25), who regularly visits the area to shop, said, “
Rajiv Barot (32) said, “There is always the fear of vehicle being towed with no proper parking space. It will be big convenience to park the vehicle here without worrying about it being towed away. There is no such space on the Ashram road.”
Sanket Patel, a college student, said, “This is really a good move for visitors on this particular stretch. Overall, I feel there must be some relaxation in parking norms as people have to visit ATM or a shop for few minutes and by the time they return the vehicle is either locked or towed away. I believe systematic parking for 30 minutes should be allowed without any charge. Students can’t afford paid parking on a daily basis.”
We have temporarily allocated the paid parking under Income tax flyover to Sakhi Mandal. A tender has been floated and whosoever wins the bid will then operate the arking lot
- Union Budget 2021 | Income tax calculator
- Over Rs 950-crore tax evasion by Swiggy, Flipkart unit,: I-T department
- ROSS CLARK: With a double-dip recession looming, a tax raid is the last thing we need
- Biggest Source of Tax Revenue in Every State
- Your ultimate guide to property taxes
- FINANCE ACT 2020: An x-ray of major innovations in Nigeria tax system
- Roundup: Uncertainty hits online businesses in Kenya over new tax
- Rationalization Of Equalization Levy – Taxpayer’s Wish-List For Budget 2021
- Union Budget 2021 Highlights: Focus on healthcare; FY21 fiscal deficit pegged at 9.5% of GDP
- FM fails to impress garment industry, leaves it confused
Parking under Income Tax flyover becomes payable have 501 words, post on ahmedabadmirror.indiatimes.com at January 13, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.