I ordered two charms online at a cost of £58.99 from jewellery brand Pandora at the end of November, as a Christmas gift. The package arrived at my local Big Yellow self-storage reception in early December. (I have my parcels sent there as I’ve had issues with items being left with neighbours.)
When I collected the package the following week, the box looked as though it had never been sealed, and one of the charms – the Christmas-themed one – was missing. CCTV only showed that it had been delivered.
I tried for days to ring Pandora e-store’s customer service, but the message was always the same: “Ten or more people before you, we recommend you call back later.” I have also emailed, but there was no response. The latest message said it was not receiving calls at all.
It was meant to be a Christmas present and I am unable to resolve this.
AK, Poole, Dorset
We also tried ringing, emailing and tweeting (and were even unable to get through to Pandora’s London head office), but eventually received a response. Pandora has clearly struggled with a backlog arising from its own festive order book, as the sheer volume of calls before and after Christmas meant it was often impossible to speak to a member of staff. That’s really not impressive for a brand of this scale.
Without providing us with an explanation (and we did ask), it has apologised “for the inconvenience and disappointment caused”, and agreed to refund you in full.
We welcome letters but cannot answer individually. Email us at [email protected] or write to Consumer Champions, Money, the Guardian, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU. Please include a daytime phone number. Submission and publication of all letters is subject to terms and conditions
- Baylor recruit’s father fuming over lack of answers from school
- Finding Nittmo: Answers, finally, from the NFL kicker who disappeared
- Georgia family seeks answers in mother's vaping death
- Dan D’Antoni gives hilarious answer on analytics after Marshall win
- Nik Stauskas Praying Third Time Is The Charm
- Proposed Las Vegas Raiders stadium still lacks financing
- 18 key questions the 2018 MLS season will answer
- NBA Draft lottery winners and losers: Suns, Kings smiling; Mavs, Pistons lacking luck
- Second Time Is The Charm For Gerald Green
- Buffalo Bills: So Many Questions, So Few Answers