The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Wednesday told the Supreme Court that there was no evidence of the murder of children in the Muzaffarpur shelter home.The probe agency told the apex court that two skeletons were recovered, but forensic investigation later revealed it to be that of a woman and a man.A Bench headed by Chief Justice S.A. Bobde accepted the CBI’s status report and allowed two officers to be relieved from the investigation team.Attorney General K.K. Venugopal, appearing for the probe agency, said an investigation was done on the rape and sexual assault allegation of children and charge sheets had been filed before the concerned courts.Mr. Venugopal said the children, who were alleged to be murdered, were later traced and found to be alive.He said the CBI had investigated 17 shelter homes in Bihar and charge sheets had been filed in 13 of them. In four cases, a preliminary inquiry was conducted and later closed as no evidence was found.
- After Muzaffarpur shelter home case, CBI may probe 17 such cases also in Bihar
- Muzaffarpur shelter home case may be tip of the iceberg: Supreme Court
- Muzaffarpur shelter home case: Court likely to pronounce judgment on December 12
- Verdict in Muzaffarpur shelter home case likely on Thursday
- Muzaffarpur shelter home case: Delhi court defers verdict till January 14
- CBI files chargesheet in Muzaffarpur shelter home case
- Muzaffarpur Shelter Home Case: Delhi Court Defers Verdict Till Janaury 14
- Muzaffarpur shelter home case: Judgment deferred till January 14
- Muzaffarpur shelter home case: Delhi court defers verdict till Jan 14
- TISS report points to model shelter homes in Bihar
No evidence found of murder of children in Muzaffarpur shelter home case: CBI tells SC have 272 words, post on www.thehindu.com at January 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.