Jeremy Jordan returns in Sunday night’s episode of Supergirl, bringing the fan-favorite best friend of Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) Winn Schott back from the future. It’s a return that fans of the Arrowverse series have been eagerly awaiting since the actor’s departure in Season 3, but “Back From the Future Part One” will offer fans not just Winn, but a familiar villain as well – or at least someone’s interpretation of them.
A new clip from “Back From the Future Part One,” shared by Entertainment Weekly, reveals Supergirl and Alex (Chyler Leigh) going up against a new Toyman who just so happens to look like Winn. It’s a bit confusing for them – after all, their Winn would never follow in the footsteps of his villainous father – but fortunately the real Winn shows up from the future to clarify things a bit, as well as stop this Evil Winn from taking out his target. You can check out the clip here.
The clip confirms that the episode will see Jordan playing not one, but two versions of Winn and while it’s pretty evident that the two versions of the character are distinctly different, series star David Harewood, who also directs the episode, explained that he and Jordan worked hard to make sure the two characters were quite different.
“I’ve always respected Jeremy and respected his work, I’ve always respected his talent and his humor and how hard he works, so I knew he was going to really come out the gates,” Harewood said. “And because he was playing two roles, I wanted to make sure there was a distinct difference between the two of them. Speaking to each other a whole month before shooting, we were constantly in contact about it.”
He went on to explain that it was the new version of Winn that required just the right touch in order to bring him to life in a different way than the more familiar Winn.
“The Toyman, Jeremy had the idea that he was quite angry,” Harewood said. “I wanted to keep him entertaining because he wants people to like him and support him. It was important to me that we keep him appealing rather than angry. We played with that together to carve out a slightly different characterization between his returning future Legionnaire Winn, and I think we succeeded in that.”
Are you excited to see Jordan return as Winn? Let us know in the comments below.
Supergirl airs Sundays at 9/8c on The CW. “Back From the Future Part One” airs January 26.
- Ruby Rose set to play Batwoman in new Arrowverse crossover and possible series
- Martin Kemp on Spandau Ballet and his penchant for playing villains
- Where was Doctor Who series 11 filmed? Filming locations in South Africa and Sheffield revealed
- Launch date announced for new series of Strictly Come Dancing
- Resident Evil 2 Remake: Claire Redfield REVEALED for Xbox One, PS4 and PC game
- Emmerdale’s Kim Tate makes explosive return to the soap after 19 years and she wants revenge
- Red Dead Redemption 2: New previews and information coming SOON from Rockstar Games?
- Dark Emmerdale trailer teases dramatic fallout from legend's shock return
- How the new Dragons now compare to the other Welsh regions
- New drama and old favourites in the mix as RTÉ reveal new season line-up
- Pep Guardiola's passionate David Silva speech revealed
- Hall goes in-depth on unwanted Hull KR exit, return and future
- Labour anti-Semitism row: Jeremy Corbyn faces new claims he compared Israel to Nazis
- Denmark Arms pub’s new owners reveal pictures and plans for Grade II-listed boozer
- Zoella’s YouTube star brother Joe Sugg signs up for new series of Strictly Come Dancing
- Strictly Come Dancing 2018 line-up
- Blue singer Lee Ryan joins lineup for Strictly Come Dancing
- Newsreader Kate Silverton signs up for Strictly Come Dancing
- Strictly Come Dancing 2018: when does it start and who is taking part?
- Strictly Come Dancing 2018 line-up confirmed celeb contestants and the rumours
New Supergirl Clip Reveals Winn's Return Alongside Familiar Villain have 654 words, post on comicbook.com at January 25, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.