A NETFLIX trailer for new thriller Horse Girl has teased terrifying alien abductions and memory wiping.
The new psychological drama stars Alison Brie as Sarah, a woman who tries to hide her social awkwardness and isolation while working at an arts and crafts store.
While Sarah is introduced to a new man by her flat mate, things soon take a turn as she begins to experience surreal dreams which feel incredibly real.
Sarah starts to struggle to separate her dreams from real life, and tells a doctor: “People always said that my grandma was so crazy.
“Now I think she wasn’t crazy at all, because I’m feeling it.”
Sarah is seen waking up in odd places with no idea how she got there, as well as her flatmate asking her to explain weird scratch marks in the walls.
Sarah starts to believe her weird experiences could be connected to her grandmother.
At one point, Sarah also questions if anyone believes in alien abduction, before telling her colleague (played by Molly Shannon): “I can hear the future.”
Sarah then adds to her doctor: “I know that it sounds crazy, I know that it sounds really crazy, but it just feels really real.”
Horse Girl also stars Debby Ryan, Robin Tunney, John Reynolds and Paul Reiser, and is directed by Jeff Baena.
The trailer left Netflix fans baffled, but keen to watch.
One wrote on Twitter: “I really have no idea what the f**k this movie is about but I’m freaking intrigued. ‘Horse Girl’ is now on my list.”
Another added: “Not sure why exactly, but I’m very much digging this #HorseGirl trailer.”
MOST READ IN TV AND SHOWBIZ
Dancing On Ice stars’ fears for Hamish after Caprice fallout turns toxic
‘can’t believe he’s dead’
Hollyoaks shock as Jesse DIES – and Mitchell comes out as gay
‘not letting go’
Love Island star Michael Griffiths says Ellie Brown is ‘The One’
Love Island fans worried Jess has left villa after she misses most of episode
‘Furious’ Caprice insists she’s being bullied after bust-up with DoI pro Hamish
OH MY GOD
Holly & Phil’s shock as expert says Brad pointed award at Jen in ‘a phallic way’
A third wrote: “didn’t expect that. looks weird but honestly love when Alison brie gets to flex her acting. she’s a great actress.”
The drama will make its debut at the Sundance Film Festival on January 27.
Horse Girl premieres on Netflix on Friday, February 7.
- Ashley James does an impression of a MERMAID at new thriller 10x10
- Alien abduction or KGB? The baffling case of the miner whose body was found on a pile of coal
- 5 new thrillers to read before the summer is over
- Mark Strong and Carice van Houten to star in new thriller Temple
- Stoke Newington schoolgirls ‘grabbed’ by masked man in terrifying attempted abduction
- Psychological thriller The Cry focuses on baby abduction
- Jonah Hill looks completely unrecognisable in new Netflix trailer for Maniac
- Battlefield 5: Battle Royale mode, new single-player level TEASED in new Gamescom trailer
- Hip hop artist who kept girls overnight jailed for abduction
- There will be Blood: New thriller hopes to put small-town Ireland on the international stage