Special judge SP Ponkshe sentenced the 22-year-old man to five years imprisonment and a fine of Rs 15,000 under Section 10 (punishment for aggravated sexual assault) of the POCSO Act.
Special public prosecutor Geeta Sharma submitted that the victim had visited a neighbour’s house to watch a movie on the day of the incident. Only the neighbour’s children were home at the time, she stated, adding that the man entered the flat and turned the lights off.
According to the statement recorded by the police, a woman passing the house was en route to her samosa stall when she saw the incident and shouted at the man. He then got dressed and opened the door, after which the woman drove him away so the girl could escape.
The prosecution relied on the testimony of the shopkeeper who witnessed the accident. She had deposed that she heard the victim crying from inside a house. When she peeped through a crack in the door, she saw the man assaulting the victim, she had stated.
- Man Utd owner Joel Glazer has kept transfer promise with Cristiano Ronaldo signing
- Peter Andre treats daughter Princess to day out at the races... days after youngster's mum Katie Price was assaulted at her home
- Katie Price attack latest – Star’s ‘eye split’ and face injured after ‘attack’ in Essex as man is arrested
- Man bashed up for questioning duo who cat-called daughter
- Harry Maguire included in England squad despite Man Utd star's Greece court case
- Smirking neighbours from hell branded 'appalling' after attacking man over 10-year feud
- Islington 'murder': Tributes to 'loveliest flower man' at vigil for stabbed florist
- 'One of New Zealand's darkest days': Christchurch terror attack leaves 50 dead, as it happened
- Afghanistan: The 'undefeated' valley an hour from Kabul
- Britons told to leave Kabul airport over terror fears
- Domestic abuser risked woman's life when he strangled her
- Pembrokeshire murderer John Cooper linked to five other unexplained deaths
- Inside Justin Bieber's rough past – paparazzi death, nude leak and fan run-ins
- The Other Half: Making the invisible visible
- Inside estate where people are too scared to go out after dark because of gangs
- 'It's a graveyard, not entertainment': Inside one of sport's most deadly fan cultures
- Taliban militants 'execute eight-month pregnant police officer in front of her husband and children in her own home'
Man gets five years for assaulting eight-year-old neighbour have 406 words, post on mumbaimirror.indiatimes.com at January 22, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.