And Connor Durman has given a very cheeky insight into the application process for the show as he discussed his previous career as a naked butler.
The coffee bean salesman, 25, from Brighton also opened up about the strangest experience he’d had while working in the racy profession and why he’s a big fan of last year’s divisive contestant Michael Griffiths.
Love Island 2020: Connor Durman has given a very cheeky insight into the application process for the show as he discussed his previous career as a naked butler
Connor said of his application: ‘I sent off a video in my little naked butler outfit. That’s just an apron, a bow tie. I done a little cheeky video in my hotel. I was away for the weekend.’
The reality star, who spent four years living in Australia, said his oddest experience on the job came when he was asked to visit an elderly lady’s home.
He said: ‘An old lady got me to glaze sausage rolls, and I was like, “what else can I do”, and I was pouring champagne on arrival, glazing sausage rolls.
‘And she was like come and sit on the balcony with me. I was just sat there with a few of her friends knitting.
Hunky: The coffee bean salesman, 25, from Brighton also opened up about the strangest experience he’d had while working in the racy profession – appearing at an elderly woman’s party
‘She requested for me to have my bum out, yeah. I usually had boxers on, but you get an extra £20 with your bum out.’
Although the application video was sure to get pulses racing, Connor said he won’t be taking the outfit into the villa.
He said: ‘It’s not something I would do back in England. When I lived in Australia, that was my fun life. I’ll leave it out there. I’m sensible now. I think I’ve grown up now.’
When asked which former Islanders he would compare himself to, Connor said: I’m like that Michael (Griffiths) and Jordan (Hames) from last year. Those kind of lads, their banter and that, I like that. And Alex Bowen.’
Divisive: When asked which former Islanders he would compare himself to, Connor said: I’m like that Michael (Griffiths). He’d be the type of person I’d hang around with’
Michael was famously accused of ‘gaslighting’ eventual winner Amber Gill when he branded her ‘childish’ after ditching her for Joanna Chimonides.
Connor said: ‘I know ([Michael was unpopular}. But his banter and that. He’d be the type of person I’d hang around with.’
Although he is hoping to find lasting romance in the South African villa, Connor has vowed not to have sex on TV.
He said: ‘I’m not going in there to be Jack the lad and sleep with girls and stuff.
No way: Although he is hoping to find lasting romance in the South African villa, Connor has vowed not to have sex on TV’
‘I’ve got a mum and grandma watching, so it’s not something I would try and do. I’ve never been on a reality TV show. I’m going to make sure I hold myself well.
I normally go for brunettes with big personalities, but not too loud and stuff. Just really caring people.
‘But obviously that doesn’t work so I’m going to try something this time. Nice tan, blonde girl. She’s got to be quite similar to me. She’s got to be quite loud but not too loud.
Nas Majeed also joins the line-up for the 2020 series, with the 23-year-old Sports science graduate and builder a big fan of 2019 contestant Anna Vakili.
He said: ‘I’ve seen Anna in person and she is absolutely stunning. As long as you feel pretty and are comfortable in how you look, that’s all that matters.’
Handsome: Nas Majeed also joins the line-up for the 2020 series, with the 23-year-old Sports science graduate and builder a big fan of 2019 contestant Anna Vakili
‘I am looking for a long-term girlfriend. Up until now, I’ve had a lot of commitments. I’ve always prioritised education, football and my family.
‘Those have always been the three main pillars in my life. Up until now, girls have come second fiddle to that so if I had football training, I would choose that.
‘Or if there was something major with my family, nothing would get in the way of education as that’s the kind of thing that will stay with you forever. Now I’ve got my First, I should concentrate on girls.
‘I was in a two and a half year relationship with my ex, which ended last January.
‘She was the loveliest girl, very affectionate, very loving, but from my point of view, I couldn’t give her my all so nothing bad to say about her but it got to the point where I had to focus on Uni and she had to focus on work so it was a natural ending on good terms.’
Showtime: He said: ‘I’ve seen Anna in person and she is absolutely stunning. As long as you feel pretty and are comfortable in how you look, that’s all that matters’
Nas also insisted he won’t be having sex in the villa and said he’s a ‘gentleman.’
He said: ‘I don’t think anything would make me want to have sex in the villa. I wasn’t even aware we were allowed to! I haven’t planned to but at the same time.
‘I feel like a bit of a gentlemen so I don’t think I would want that. At the forefront of my mind, my mom will be watching and that’s the last thing I’d want her to see.’
Love Island launches on ITV2, Sunday January 12.
WINTER LOVE ISLAND 2020: MEET THE CONTESTANTS
Pop star sibling: Sophie’s sister is Rochelle Humes
Name: Sophie Piper
Occupation: Medical PA
Claim to fame? Half-sister of The Saturdays star-turned-TV presenter Rochelle Humes.
Celebrity crush? ‘Anthony Joshua. Whenever I see him fight, I yell, “Come on, use your right hook!” I have no idea what I’m talking about.’
What song sums up your love life? ‘All By Myself by Celine Dion – that’s how it feels at the moment!’
Twinning: Love Island are instaling twins into the villa this year
Names: Eve and Jess Gale
Occupation: VIP hostesses and students
Claim to fame? [Eve] ‘Tyga, Kylie Jenner’s ex, messaged me. We were both at an event and I posted an Instagram story tagging him. He then messaged me afterwards and we spoke on WhatsApp. Then when me and Jess were in Ibiza, he was there again. He asked me to meet him but we arrived the day he left. Pop Smoke, the R‘n’B rapper, messaged me too.’
Party Trick: ’We are the party trick!’
Land and gentry: Ollie believes that he ‘bosses the room wherever he goes’
Name: Ollie Williams
Occupation: Heir to the Lanhydrock
Claim to fame? ’My father is Lord of the Manor of Lanhydrock. The family title is Viscount Clifden. When my father passes away or abdicates, as the eldest child, I will take on the titles and the estate.’
Dating disasters? Once got cat-fished by a 50-year-old man.
No no no! Shaughna won’t put up with f**kboys [anymore!]
Name: Shaughna Phillips
Occupation: Democratic services officer
Best feature? ‘My lips. I spent enough money on them!’
Celebrity crush? '[Love Island 2018 winner] Jack Fincham is a bit of me on toast!’
Dating disasters? ‘Being on a first date with a guy and getting a cab home to mine and my most recent ex-boyfriend was sat outside my house in his car crying!’
Leanne Leanne! ‘I’m a 10. If you don’t love yourself, who will?’
Name: Leanne Amaning
Occupation: Customer service advisor
Dating disasters? ‘A guy once started rapping acapella to me. I was sat there awkwardly and had to clap afterwards.’
How far are you prepared to go in the villa to get the guy you want? ‘If I want something, I’ll get it.’
Fancy a cuppa? Connor is a coffee bean salesman
Name: Connor Durman
Occupation: Coffee bean salesman
Fun Fact: He was a naked waiter in Sydney.
Dating history: ‘I went on a date with a girl. She asked me back to her house for some more drinks and let’s just say I ended up getting on really well with her housemate…’
You’re fired! Mike’s brother was on The Apprentice
Name: Mike Boateng
Occupation: Police Officer
Claim to fame? I know a few footballer friends from my football days. Dominic Calvert-Lewin played with me at Sheffield United. My brother, Samuel, was on The Apprentice a few years ago.’
Good at flirting? ‘I’m lucky because of my job I can use the cheeky lines about getting handcuffs out! It normally works!’
Love me, love me! Siânnise likes herself a bit of Romeo + Juliet-era Leo
Name: Siânnise Fudge
Occupation: Beauty consultant
Ideal man? ‘Tall dark and handsome – my friends call me Princess Jasmine. I’m after my own Aladdin, I guess.’
Celebrity crush? 90s Leonardo DiCaprio.
Got talent? Paige was on Britain’s Got Talent 2012 age 1. She sang in front of Alesha Dixon and Simon Cowell, leaving them impressed
Name: Paige Turley
Location: West Lothian
Claim to fame? '[Singer] Lewis Capaldi is my ex boyfriend. We went out when we were younger, I was about 17 or 18. We were together for about a year. It ended really amicably and we’re still pals.’
Oddly specific! ’I always fancy girls with dark hair, tanned skin, red lipstick and white nail polish’
Name: Callum Jones
Ideal woman: ‘I always fancy girls with dark hair, tanned skin, red lipstick and white nail polish.’
Celebrity crush? Megan Fox.
What song sums up your love life? La Bouche, Be My Lover.
Name: Nas Majeed
Occupation: Sports science graduate and builder
Celebrity crush? Naomi Scott [Princess Jasmine in the live-action remake of Aladdin].
…and while many of the first batch of contestants won’t last very long, there’ll be more sent through the door in due course…
- Love Island fans flood social media with wild theories after Sherif's shock ejection... ranging from smuggling his phone into the villa to using MORSE CODE
- Six-year-old prankster leaves his dad in hysterics after sticking a 'scary' drawing inside the loo seat (and the internet loves it)
- The Body Coach and new dad Joe Wicks reveals his family plans and weaning tips
- Real Housewives Of Atlanta: Kandi Burruss reveals her surrogate was pregnant with twins before losing one
- The royals love leopard print fashion! From Kate Middleton to Meghan Markle, Princess Diana and the Queen
- WHIP LIST: Who's in and out in the 2020 race
- MTV VMAs winners: Cardi B puts on a VERY daring display in plunging red dress as she bags the Best Hip Hop Video gong... and Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande and Billie Eilish also pick up awards
- A VERY modern family! Queen's cousin Lord Ivar Mountbatten shares intimate glimpses into life at the home he shares with his husband AND ex-wife - and says his three daughters 'love having another man in the house'
- 'They don't love them like we do': William Tyrrell's birth father lashes the boy's foster carers in court statement claiming they 'didn't really care' about the boy because he's not 'their kid'
- 'We want a better future': young first-time voters reveal who's firing them up
- Never-seen-before footage of six-hour grilling shows how police accused innocent whitegoods repairman of 'grabbing' William Tyrrell - when all he did was fix washing machine in the boy's home
- BAFTAs TV 2019: Holly Willoughby donned a billowing sheer gown as she joined chic Jodie Comer and a newly-single Susanna Reid in leading the red carpet glamour at glitzy awards
- There's something in the water! EIGHTEEN Aussie celebrities are all pregnant at the same time - including Jennifer Hawkins, Sylvia Jeffreys, Jesinta Franklin and Natalie Imbruglia
- Pokémon Sword and Shield release date, trailers, and brand new features
- Saweetie channels Rihanna's iconic CFDA look as she leaves nothing to the imagination in thigh-skimming sheer mesh dress at PrettyLittleThing launch
- Why 'Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck’ is the best documentary yet
- Photos: Emma Watson strips off and more fashion news
- Phillip Schofield shares snaps from Portugal holiday during This Morning break
- The juiciest confessions from Elton John’s tell-all book
- Taylor Swift: ‘I was literally about to break’
Love Island 2020: 'I did a cheeky video!' Connor Durman reveals he applied for the show in a NAKED BUTLER outfit have 2193 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 9, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.