She sparked controversy last week after she criticized Lizzo’s unapologetic body positivity.
Now Jillian Michaels has resolved another stressor in her life as she reached an agreement to dissolve her domestic partnership with yoga instructor Heidi Rhoades, 37.
The couple will split up their homes, and the 45-year-old fitness guru will pay a child support advance of $2 million, according to legal documents obtained by The Blast.
The end: Jillian Michaels, 45, [L] dissolved her domestic partnership with her ex Heidi Rhoades, 37, on Thursday, according to The Blast; the couple pictured in 2016
The couple share two children, including 10-year-old Lukensia, whom they adopted from Haiti at age two in 2012.
They welcomed a second bundle of joy the same month when Heidi gave birth to their son Phoenix, now seven.
Jillian first announced their separation in June 2018, saying, ‘We’ve found we’re better friends and parents living apart than staying together.’
Bundles of joy: The couple share two children, including 10-year-old Lukensia, whom they adopted from Haiti at age two in 2012, and a seven-year-old son Phoenix, whom Heidi gave birth to the same month; pictured in 2016
Uneven split: The Biggest Loser star will have the children with her 40 percent of the time, while they’ll stay with Heidi the other 60 percent
The ex-couple reached a joint legal and physical custody agreement that will give Heidi the majority of time with the kids: she’ll have them 60 percent of the time, while Jillian will only have them 40 percent of the time.
It’s not clear what accounts for the discrepancy, though both women have agreed not to speak negatively about each other in front of their children.
The exercise advocate will pay a $2.4 million advance on her child support to Heidi, followed by monthly payments of $2,000.
She’ll also be on the hook for all of their clothing and private schooling expenses, including extracurricular costs.
Paying up: Jillian will pay a $2.4 million advance on her child support to Heidi, followed by monthly payments of $2,000
Supportive parent: She’ll also be on the hook for all of their clothing and private schooling expenses, including extracurricular costs; pictured in 2019
The Biggest Loser star and her ex will split up their two homes, with Jillian keeping their $5.8 million Malibu beach home, while Heidi will remain at their $2 million farmhouse in Topanga, California, located between Malibu and Los Angeles.
The two have kept up that living arrangement since separating, and it seems to be ideal for both parties, according to a source who spoke to Us Weekly in 2018.
‘Heidi has always wanted the farm, so it was an easy decision on who would live where. Heidi is a fantastic mother and lives a quiet lifestyle. She has never loved the spotlight and enjoys working on the farm,’ they said.
Jillian and Heidi began their relationship back in 2009, and the couple entered into a domestic partnership in 2013.
The couple signed a prenuptial agreement at the time, which presumably streamlined their separation process.
Separate homes: The fitness guru will remain in their $5.8 million Malibu beach house, while Heidi will stay in her preferred Topanga farm house nearby; shown in 2019
- Robert De Niro, ex-wife Grace Hightower reach custody agreement on Valentine’s Day: report
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reach Custody Agreement Over Baby Dream
- Concern growing US and South Korea could fail to reach an agreement on troop cost-sharing
- 'Jersey Shore' Star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro Ordered to Stop Contacting Ex Jen Harley in Domestic Violence Case
- Kailyn Lowry Fears Ex Jo Rivera Will Take Her to Court After Breaking Custody Agreement
- Boris Johnson and estranged wife Marina Wheeler reach financial agreement
- Stormy Daniels' Attorney Michael Avenatti Has Been Arrested On Suspicion Of Domestic Violence
- Call to end domestic ivory trade in New Zealand
- Amber Heard meets up with ex-girlfriend Tasya van Ree in New York... after reuniting with boyfriend Vito Schnabel
- Michael Avenatti Denies Domestic Abuse Allegation: 'I Did Not Strike My Ex-wife… I Am a Decent Man'