O’Neale has been averaging career highs across the board for the Jazz this season
The Utah Jazz are winners of nine of their last 10 games, and have finally hit a groove midway through the season. Donovan Mitchell is putting up All-Star numbers, Bojan Bogdanovic has adjusted well to his new team and Rudy Gobert has been as dominant as ever in the paint and on defense. Everything has been clicking for the Jazz lately, who are sitting in fourth in the Western Conference, and one of the pieces who has consistently contributed to Utah’s success this season just got rewarded.
Third-year forward Royce O’Neale agreed to a four-year, $36 million contract extension with the Jazz, per ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski. The deal could end up being a bargain for the Jazz.
O’Neale doesn’t put up transcendent numbers — he’s averaging 6.2 points and 5.0 rebounds — but he’s been someone the Jazz can routinely count on to knock down a three, as he’s hitting them at a 44.3 percent clip.
O’Neale is a solid floor spacer for Mitchell and Mike Conley, and is the best perimeter defender the Jazz have, embodying exactly what a 3-and-D player is. O’Neale was set to become a restricted free agent this summer, where the Jazz could’ve matched any contract an opposing team offered him.
CBS Sports HQ Daily Newsletter
Get the best highlights and stories – yeah, just the good stuff handpicked by our team to start your day.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
The Splash Brothers have been together since 2011, and they complement each other perfectly
The SportsLine Projection Model has simulated Sunday’s Pacers vs. Nuggets matchup 10,000 times.
The SportsLine Projection Model has simulated Sunday’s Spurs vs. Heat matchup 10,000 times.
Frank Vogel hasn’t gotten nearly enough credit for his job leading the Lakers this season
That Smart holds a 3-point shooting mark over the likes of Larry Bird, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce…
The Trail Blazers save $12.3 million by getting off Bazemore’s contract
- Colorado native Christian McCaffrey rewarded with $64 million contract extension, according to reports
- Report: Giannis Antetokounmpo agrees to four-year, $100 million extension
- Reports: Panthers' McCaffrey agrees to four-year, $64 million extension
- Reports: Luol Deng agrees to two years, $20 million deal with Miami
- Kirk Cousins: Contract extension was a no-brainer
- LA Kings sign D MacDermid to 2-year contract extension
- Report: 76ers, Brett Brown agree to three-year contract extension
- MLB 2020 season simulation: Slump continues for last-place Astros; three players ink contract extensions
- Lewis Hamilton contract extension in limbo as talks over Mercedes F1 boss Wolff’s future delayed by coronavirus pandemic
- NFL star Christian McCaffrey agrees to record-breaking deal
- Ingram: McCaffrey, other running backs deserve big contracts
- Pharmaceutical firm to donate two million tablets of Donald Trump-touted malaria drug to world's largest COVID-19 medication trial
- Christian McCaffrey signs record contract to become highest paid running back in the NFL, reports say
- Report: Kings intend to match any offers for Bogdan Bogdanovic
- Christian McCaffrey agrees $64m Carolina Panthers extension
- Special Report: Why metro Houston fears the next big storm
- Special Report - Why metro Houston fears the next big storm
- AP source: Browns signing free agent Clayborn to 2-year deal
- 8 Years in Obama’s America
- Report: Chiefs re-sign DB Bashaud Breeland
Jazz forward Royce O'Neale agrees to four-year, $36 million contract extension, per report have 706 words, post on www.cbssports.com at January 19, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.