James Blunt, singer-songwriter I’d been telling my mates that I was going to be a professional musician since I was 14. When I was a captain in the British army in Kosovo, I had a guitar strapped to my tank. After I left the military, I did some demos for EMI and outside afterwards I lost my balance on my motorbike and smashed the guitar that had survived a war zone. Everyone was laughing. Needless to say, I didn’t get signed by EMI. One day I was on the underground in London and saw an ex-girlfriend with her new boyfriend. Our eyes met, but we just walked past each other, and I went home and wrote the words to You’re Beautiful in two minutes. I went to see my songwriter friend Sacha Skarbek in Los Angeles, and, with Amanda Ghost as a co-writer, we finished the song. It’s always been portrayed as romantic, but it’s actually a bit creepy. It’s about a guy (me) who’s high and stalking someone else’s girlfriend on the subway. But everyone has those moments where you wonder: “What if I’d said something?” I played it on the 25th floor of a hotel at the South… Read full this story
- From Andrew Denton sitting on James Packer's lap to Karl Stefanovic being drunk the morning after: A look back at the most memorable moments in Logies history
- 20 great movies you can stream this weekend to cope with your end-of-summer blues
- Television’s Status Anxiety: An Interview With Emily Nussbaum
- Yukio Mishima in Ichigaya
- Alex Wolff Tells Us How He Put Together An Awesome New Anthology Of Hoops Writing
- Who are Diamond and Silk? How two small-town ex-Democrats found fame as ‘warriors’ for Trump.
- How to watch the 2019 Golden Globe Awards online
- This Week In Tabloids: Where In The World Is Wendy Williams?
- In 1996, alternative rock died a messy, forgettable death
- Amber Heard stands out in strapless black and white ballgown on the red carpet at the Golden Globes
James Blunt: how we made You're Beautiful have 342 words, post on www.theguardian.com at January 14, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.