Qassem Soleimani was identified in death by a silver ring with a massive red stone on the finger of his severed hand.That’s what was left of Soleimani, Iran’s top military general, after his remains were pulled from the fiery wreckage of the vehicle hit by an American missile strike outside Baghdad’s international airport on Friday morning.His death signals the vulnerability of Iran’s most senior officials and the lengths President TrumpDonald John Trump Trump asks New York judge to dismiss rape allegation case NYT to fight White House’s withholdment of emails about Ukraine aid freeze Gabbard blasts Iran strike: ‘Trump’s actions are an act of war’ MORE is willing to go to exert force against them. It also creates an uncertain situation in the Middle East, where experts were predicting Iranian retaliation.ADVERTISEMENTA cult-like figure, Soleimani was the top general of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Qud’s Force, an elite special forces unit he helped shape and that was born out of the military forces established following the 1979 Islamic revolution and Iran’s theocratic regime.The reach of the IRGC, which is the first government military designated a foreign terrorist organization by the United States, is largely attributed to Soleimani’s position at the top and… Read full this story
- Iran vs Saudi Arabia: Pakistan Prime Minister to mediate talks amid India Kashmir conflict
- Trump attacks globalism at UN, while putting pressure on Iran
- Is Iran Considering An Attack On Saudi Arabia?
- Iran ‘Health Leader’ of Eastern Mediterranean Region: WHO
- Trump's sanctions won't bite a vulnerable Turkish economy
- Iran's Mad Max Navy Could Give Donald Trump a Giant Headache in a War
- PIERS MORGAN: Congratulations, Mr President - the real winners from your dumb and dangerous betrayal of the heroic Kurds are Iran, Russia and ISIS!
- Saudi oil attack drones launched in Iran
- Ruhollah Zam: Iran 'arrests exiled journalist' for fanning unrest
- US-Iran tensions ratchet up further despite UN efforts
Iran general's death underscores vulnerability of senior leaders have 321 words, post on thehill.com at January 4, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.