(CNN)Iran launched more than a dozen missiles at two Iraqi bases that hold US troops in what appears to be retaliation for the American airstrike that killed a top Iranian general last week, the Pentagon said Tuesday, confronting President Donald Trump with the biggest test of his presidency to date. A US official told CNN that there were no initial reports of any US casualties, but an assessment of the impact of the strikes is underway. A preliminary report from an Iraqi security source indicated there were Iraqi casualties, but Iraqi security officials later told CNN there were no casualties among Iraqi security forces. White House aides had initially made plans for a possible address to the nation by Trump, according to two officials, but a White House official said that Trump would not speak on Tuesday. The President later tweeted, “All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.” The attack comes days after the US killed top Iranian… Read full this story
- World War 3 fears as Iran threatens attack on White House amid chants of 'Death to America'
- Iran attacks US bases with 15 missiles in revenge assault but calm Donald Trump insists ‘All is well!’
- Iran threatens the WHITE HOUSE: Tehran ups the ante by promising a 'crushing and powerful retaliation on American soil' and US military sites and brands Donald Trump a 'terrorist in a suit' after he threatened to attack 52 Iranian targets
- Iran fires multiple surface-to-surface missiles at Iraqi military bases hosting US soldiers
- Iran attacks US forces in Iraq in retaliation for killing of Qassem Soleimani
- Iraqi military bases housing US troops have been targeted by Iranian missiles. Here's what you need to know
- Iran strikes back at US with missile attack at bases in Iraq
- Iran attack: US troops targeted with ballistic missiles
- Iran’s nuclear negotiator posts response to Donald Trump after airstrikes
Iran attacks two Iraqi bases housing US forces in 'revenge' for Soleimani's death have 344 words, post on edition.cnn.com at January 7, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.