By the time Sarah was 17, she had spent £15,000 on 30 cosmetic procedures without having to prove her age.Sarah – not her real name – developed anorexia in her early teens and was treated successfully at an eating disorder clinic. But then her obsession over food changed to one over her looks – her nose in particular. Sarah’s mother Mary, also not her real name, says: “Sarah’s obsession with her nose led her to have all sorts of fillers to ‘fill in’ the bump, and then to try and turn it up at the end.”Mary adds that some clinics then tried to encourage Sarah to have lip fillers done as well. Sarah did not have her parents’ permission for the procedures, so she used their credit card details via PayPal or apps, and was never asked for a physical payment. She also claimed to be 20, but no-one carrying out the procedures asked her for proof. Plan to regulate ‘wild west’ beauty filler industry in Scotland Women who had botched operations left with no payouts ‘My breast implants made me feel like I was dying’ Sarah had started by going to local beauty salons, but soon moved on to… Read full this story
- A VND 30 billion game show on Hanoi to be aired
- Cosmetic trade show opens its doors today in HCM City
- Teenages hire luxuries for show-off
- Vietnam's cosmetic industry struggles to revive brands
- Oregon bomb-plot suspect wanted 'spectacular show'
- EVENTS ON NOVEMBER 21-30
- Culture Vulture (30-10-2008)
- Culture Vulture (30-03-2006)
- "Killed girl" unexpectedly shows up
- Citizens to be granted lifelong ID number
How a teenager had 30 cosmetic procedures without showing ID have 265 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at January 26, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.