CARROLLTON, Ga. (AP) — The driver of an SUV died after crashing head-on into a school bus Wednesday morning, but a child on the bus and its driver weren’t seriously injured, authorities said.
The Georgia State Patrol identified the driver as 53-year-old Sherry Penn, of Temple, news outlets reported.
The agency said Penn’s Ford Explorer crossed the center-line of Ga. 113 while negotiating a curve and struck a Carroll County school bus head-on.
Penn was taken to an Atlanta hospital and later died.
The bus driver and the child were evaluated by medics at the scene and released, a spokeswoman for the Carroll County School System said. Authorities said the parents of the child on the bus were notified.
The crash occurred in an area about 40 miles (65 kilometers) west of Atlanta.
- Driver Revived With Narcan After Crashing School Bus Didn’t Use Drugs, Had Several Medical Conditions: Family, Boss
- Tow driver killed, 5 hurt after SUV hits empty school bus
- Woman killed in 6-car, head-on crash that shut down Hood Canal Bridge
- Illinois School Bus Crash: I-74 Accident Kills 2, Caused By Truck Collision
- 2 Dead, Dozens Hurt in Obliterating NJ School Bus Crash: Sources
- New Jersey school bus driver made illegal U-turn before deadly crash, officials say
- 4 high school students transported to hospital after school bus crashes into semi in Pinellas County
- 20 hurt after semi hits school bus carrying Milwaukee-area students
- Out-of-Control Car Slams Into School Bus in Bronx
- Boy injured in New Jersey school bus crash receives gift from hockey idol
- No Serious Injuries After School Bus With 42 Onboard Flips on NJ Turnpike: Police
- Woman Charged in Deaths of Three Siblings Killed at Indiana Bus Stop
- Driver who killed 3 kids told police she didn't realize the lights were a school bus until too late
- Relatives of woman killed in Uber crash file $10M claim
- 9-year-old Mississippi boy killed crossing road to board school bus
- 3 children hit, killed while waiting for school bus in Indiana
- School bus driver finds 7-year-old boy dead of hit-and-run at Pennsylvania bus stop
- Father of girl killed in Indiana bus stop accident: 'I don't get to watch my baby grow up'
- Crash involving bus of inmates blocks SB I-880 lanes in San Jose
- Driver strikes 5 children and 2 adults at Florida bus stop, latest in string of school bus incidents
Georgia State Patrol: Woman killed in crash with school bus have 368 words, post on apnews.com at January 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.