A driver has shared footage of him hitting a jogger crossing the road which he says is proof runners have a ‘sense of entitlement’ despite his insurance firm saying he is partly to blame – sparking a furious debate over who is at fault. Mike Williams, 53, was driving through Greenwich, south east London recently when two joggers ran out in front of his vehicle. Dashcam shows the moment he clips one of the runners, causing them to fall to the ground in pain. He claims the video shows how runners are impatient on the roads and they should not have been crossing as the traffic light was green. However his own insurance company said that a court would likely find him 30 to 40 per cent to blame for the incident and suggested he was going too fast. In dashcam footage, Mr Williams passes through a green light before hitting one of the joggers who had been waiting next to a bus before crossing One of the joggers escapes unscathed (right), but another is clipped by Mr Williams’ vehicle. The motorist say the runners are entirely to blame, despite his insurers suggesting fault with his own driving Mr Willliams… Read full this story
- What happened when one roundabout became a traffic light 'jungle'
- Calls for traffic lights to be removed as drivers stuck for hours
- Action taken to prevent further Melton traffic lights chaos
- Cyclists campaign for traffic lights at one of Cambridge's busiest junctions
- Blind people having a nightmare crossing roads while buskers playing
- Over 80 per cent of Brits can’t name these road crossings – and 60 pedestrians are KILLED every year when using them
- The confusing Gateshead junction giving drivers a headache
- The major schemes which could end Hull's traffic hell
- Power cut hits 2,500 homes and businesses in Cov
- Why letting an ambulance pass could land drivers with a £1,000 fine
Driver's insurance firm says he is partly to blame for hitting jogger crossing road at green traffic light - so who do YOU think is at fault? have 299 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 24, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.