Democrats will spend the third day of the Senate impeachment trial Thursday exhibiting reasons they feel Donald Trump abuse the power of his office. Thursday is the second day allocated for the Democratic impeachment managers to make opening arguments for the removal of the president on two offenses levied against him in the House proceedings – abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. The seven managers, led by House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff, argued Wednesday that the president obstructed the House’s ability to conduct a complete investigation and also continued their push to include new witness testimony in the Senate trial. Republicans, however, say the first full day of Democratic opening arguments revealed no new information. Jay Sekulow, Trump’s personal attorney and one of the defense lawyers assigned to engage in opening arguments, said the defense team continuously repeated themselves. ‘We’re hearing the same things each time,’ Sekulow lamented. Democrats will spend the third day of the Senate impeachment trial Wednesday arguing Donald Trump abused the power of his office. Pictured Wednesday: two Democratic prosecution managers, Adam Schiff (left) and Zoe Lofgren (right), arguing the case the remove Trump Trump’s defense, and Senate Republicans, say they heard no new evidence… Read full this story
- President Donald Trump Acted Treasonous in Helsinki Says Half of America in New Poll
- What is Donald Trump’s car ‘The Beast’? Security and features of the US President’s Cadillac One
- Do the Democrats need their own Donald Trump?
- Anti-War Democrats Speak Out Against Donald Trump's Actions in Venezuela
- Why Donald Trump Will Not Be Impeached
- Trump is headed for impeachment if Republicans don't do these things to hold the House
- The One Thing Donald Trump Needs to Nail Down the Republican Nomination
- Donald Trump hails ‘special bond’ with Kim Jong-un and a ‘new history’ with North Korea days after snubbing G7 world leaders
- Donald Trump leaves London to meet Theresa May at Sandhurst after explosive Brexit interview
- Donald Trump brands CNN reporter a ‘rude, terrible person’ in fiery press conference as President takes credit for Midterms ‘victory’
Democrats will spend all day explaining why Donald Trump is GUILTY of abusing his power at his impeachment trial - but Republicans start complaining that they have heard NOTHING new and president trolls trial on Twitter have 346 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 23, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.