(CNN)House Democrats say new evidence could still come to light about President Donald Trump’s dealings in Ukraine during his Senate impeachment trial, but several Senate Republicans appear to be throwing cold water on allowing any additional material to be presented in the Senate. The House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday released documents from indicted Rudy Giuliani associate Lev Parnas, which provided new details on how Giuliani and his associates sought to meet with the Ukrainian President and members of his government as they sought dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden, worked to oust US Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch from her post and even apparently conducted surveillance of her in Kiev. On Wednesday, the House Judiciary Committee published an even lengthier trove of documents from Parnas ahead of the House’s transmission of the impeachment articles, including many text messages Parnas exchanged with a number of officials, as well as voice messages with Giuliani and attorney Victoria Toensing. The materials were published as part of the Senate trial record ahead of the trial expected to begin next week. In addition to the voice mails, the materials include Parnas speaking about former national security adviser John Bolton’s departure in September 2019, as well as… Read full this story
- Democrats will spend all day explaining why Donald Trump is GUILTY of abusing his power at his impeachment trial - but Republicans start complaining that they have heard NOTHING new and president trolls trial on Twitter
- Prosecuting Trump: Pelosi picks Bay Area Rep. Zoe Lofgren for impeachment trial
- Trump’s Impeachment Trial Has Begun. Here’s What to Expect
- Nancy Pelosi sets up ultra-partisan televised impeachment probe by jamming new rules through House without Republican backing - and two of her own side vote AGAINST new stage in investigating Donald Trump
- Trump made 56 false claims last week, including debunked New Hampshire conspiracy theory
- Jerry Nadler says Donald Trump 'put himself before his country' and claims the Republicans have offered 'no serious scrutiny of the evidence' against the President to close tense, 10-hour impeachment hearing
- Senate Republican eyes rule change to kick start Trump impeachment trial
- President Trump Has Never Been More Dangerous Than He Is Now
- Donald Trump denies telling John Bolton Ukraine aid was tied to Biden investigation and accuses him of making it up 'to sell his book'
- Mexican drug cartel fueling Los Angeles homeless crisis
Democrats have new evidence in impeachment case but do Republicans want to hear it? have 394 words, post on edition.cnn.com at January 15, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.