China has gone into lockdown today as authorities and businesses scramble to shut tourist attractions and public transport systems in a bid to stop the spread of the deadly new coronavirus that has killed at least 26 people.In a drastic turn of events, part of the Great Wall of China and Disneyland in Shanghai have been closed as authorities desperately try to stop people spreading the Wuhan coronavirus amid fears as many as 10,000 are already infected with the killer virus. At least 14 cities, home to around 41million people, are reported to have gone into some form of lockdown in the past two days, with public transport halted and roads closed.And footage posted online appears to show troops being deployed onto the streets of Wuhan, from where the virus has emerged, to contain the outbreak. In the US, one man in Washington State is being monitored after being confirmed to have the disease and other suspected cases are being tested in California and Texas. Across the Atlantic, British authorities have tested 14 people but no cases have been confirmed yet. Chinese New Year is due to be celebrated tomorrow, which normally means millions of people travel around the country and the world… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: China's death toll breaches 2,000 but spread of virus is stabilising
- New York Pegged as Worst City for Drivers in US
- Manchester City's European ban: Will it compromise their rebuild?
- NFL Journal: A month from league year, teams forming two plans — existing CBA/same CBA
- Tough times continue in the royal family: Queen Elizabeth's nephew and his wife to divorce after 26 years of marriage
- Great Wall Motors to purchase General Motors' Thailand plant
- Great Wall Motor To Purchase GM’s Thailand Manufacturing Plant
- Wherever American cities are going, the battle will be won or lost in Newark, not New York
- Story of cities #48: Cybercity, Mauritius – a vision of Africa's 'smart' future?
- China stocks end lower as Apple warning raises economic impact fears
China in LOCKDOWN: China cancels its New Year celebrations, closes FOURTEEN cities, part of the Great Wall, Disneyland Shanghai - and even McDonald's shuts up shop - as the army is deployed in desperate bid to contain killer coronavirus have 328 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 24, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.