Get ‘5 things’ in your inbox If your day doesn’t start until you’ve gotten up to speed on the latest headlines, then let us introduce you to your new favorite morning fix. Sign up here for the ‘5 Things’ newsletter. (CNN)Nearly half a million people in the Philippines are being evacuated from areas near the Taal Volcano. It’s not very big, but it’s one of the country’s most active volcanoes … and scientist say it may blow soon. Here’s what you need to know to Get Up to Speed and Out the Door. (You can also get “5 Things You Need to Know Today” delivered to your inbox daily. Sign up here.) 1. Iran Iran admitted to accidentally shooting down the Ukrainian International Airlines flight that was departing from Tehran last week. Now, the global community is in a tense spot as anger simmers and accusations fly. Thousands of Iranian protesters filled the streets this weekend condemning Iranian authorities for the act, which left 176 passengers and crew dead. The chief commander of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps outright admitted it was a mistake, but Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei blamed the US for the current “turbulent situation” between the two countries. A prominent… Read full this story
- Iran and North Korea: The return of John Bolton's 'axis of evil'?
- 5 things to know for December 19: Impeachment, politics, Korea, Philippines, obesity
- North Korea's 'Christmas gift' could be a new anti-US hard-line policy, source says
- 5 things to know for December 18: Impeachment, India, Vatican, Iraq, Australia
- North Korea envoy Stephen Biegun sworn in as Pompeo's No. 2 at State Dept.
- Pentagon Chief: US Troops Poised To ‘Fight Tonight’ Against North Korea
- Lots of Posturing, Little Progress in US-North Korea Talks in 2019
- Weakened and Unstable Trump Gives Korea the Jitters
- How impeachment affects Trump's foreign policy
- North Korean Artillery Drill Seen as Start of Stepped-up Pressure Campaign
5 things to know for January 13: Iran, impeachment, North Korea, Australia fires have 311 words, post on edition.cnn.com at January 13, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.