SANTA MONICA, CA — A 4.0 magnitude earthquake, centered in the ocean between Santa Cruz Island and Santa Monica, was felt in parts of Los Angeles and Orange counties early Thursday morning, authorities said.
The earthquake occurred at 2:13 a.m about 25 kilometers south of Port Hueneme, according to the United States Geological Survey’s earthquakes.usgs.gov website.
A map, based on reports from people who notify the USGS, showed light shaking was felt as far away as Santa Barbara and parts of Orange County to the south, including Santa Monica, Monterey Park, Hawthorne, Orange, Glendale, Long Beach and other parts of the greater Los Angeles area.
There were no reports of damage or injuries.
City News Service contributed to this post
- 7.1 magnitude earthquake in Southern California shakes Las Vegas
- Two minor earthquakes rattle East Bay
- Powerful 7.1 earthquake jars Las Vegas but no damage reported
- New Earthquake Fault Line Found Near San Andreas Fault
- Earthquake Halts Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini Production in Italy
- 7.2 quake rattles Davao Oriental
- Experiencing An Earthquake – A Shaky Start
- Chevy Coverage of the 2017 NHRA California Hot Rod Reunion
- 1966 Nova Station Wagon – Rattle and Hum
- Magnitude 8.9 Earthquake Shakes Japan, Rattles Toyota, Honda, Nissan Assembly Plants
- 2018 Ferrari Portofino First Drive Review | Forget all about the California
- Warriors suspend forward Jordan Bell 1 game for conduct 'detrimental to the team'
- FMIA: Championship Sunday Results in a Rams-Patriots Super Bowl; Tom Brady: ‘We’ll Remember This Forever’
- FMIA: Amazing, crazy games lead to Rams-Patriots Super Bowl; Tom Brady: ‘We’ll Remember This Forever’
- Reaching the record never was the goal for MLS’ all-time scorer
- Former local standouts like St. John Bosco’s Wyatt Davis, Westlake’s Andre Baccellia excited for Rose Bowl experience
- 2008 Hot Rod Movies – As Seen On TV
- Sam & George Barris – Sacramento’s Capitol Auto Club aka The Thunderbolts
- Recreating History: The 7-11 1934 Ford Altered Coupe Then, and Racing its Tribute Now
- Hurricane Katrina – Driver’s Seat
4.0-Magnitude Earthquake Rattles Southern California have 304 words, post on patch.com at January 2, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.