A pensioner has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman died on Christmas Day. The 75-year-old man, who has not been named, was arrested after North Wales Police said officers were called to a home in Fairbourne, Gwynedd, just after 8pm on Wednesday to reports that a 74-year-old woman had sustained serious injuries. Despite efforts made by the woman’s family, police officers and paramedics, she was pronounced dead at the scene, a force spokesman said. Detective Chief Inspector Brian Kearney said: “Following police attendance at an address in Francis Avenue, Fairbourne, Gwynedd, yesterday evening, a 75-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently in custody at a local police station. Have you been affected by this story? Email [email protected] “The coroner for north west Wales, Mr Dewi Pritchard Jones has been informed. “This is a truly tragic and very rare type of occurrence in north west Wales and I wish to reassure the public that we are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident. “A major incident room has been set up at Caernarfon police station. “Family liaison officers are supporting the victim’s family and our thoughts remain with them. I would… Read full this story
- Man, 27, arrested over 'murder' of young mother Levi Davis is RELEASED without charge after police found 'high quality CCTV' of the road rage attack she was stabbed in 'that shows the full incident from start to finish'
- Prince Andrew WILL join Queen at church on Christmas Day in first public appearance since car crash interview
- Indian gang rape victim, 23, dies two days after her attackers and a mob of men set her on fire as she travelled to their trial on train
- Man, 21, arrested after 'decapitating woman and eating her brain' when 'he got hungry'
- Man, 23, charged with murder of missing Brisbane childcare worker Sam Thompson, 22, after police search a rubbish tip and seize a car
- High rise stand-off ends as Korean man is arrested following tense 12 hours on a balcony roof after a woman's body was found on the street below
- The highs and lows of being a Christmas Day worker
- Man, 35, charged with murdering mum in north London flat fire
- Man found guilty of murder in bloody killings of engaged doctors in their Boston penthouse
- Deputy Honored | Woman Soothes Dying | Toy Drive: Saturday Smiles
Woman, 74, dies on Christmas Day as man, 75, arrested on suspicion of murder have 386 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 26, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.