KELVIN Fletcher has pressed pause on his acting career and with good reason, as he is the 2019 Strictly Come Dancing champion.
He was partnered with Oti Mabuse and after initially not being part of the show, the actor went all the way and is now the new champion of the ballroom- but what else do we know about the former Emmerdale star?
Who is Kelvin Fletcher?
Kelvin Fletcher was born on 17th January 1984.
He is an actor best known for playing Andy Sugden on Emmerdale for 20 years.
When Fletcher first appeared on Emmerdale, he was only scheduled to be part of the show for three episodes, but was soon offered a longer contract and went on to become one of the most popular characters on the show.
He also won best actor and best dramatic performance at the British Soap Awards.
Alongside acting Kelvin is also a motor racing driver and is currently competing in the British GT Championships.
Did Kelvin Fletcher win Strictly?
Kelvin stormed to victory on Strictly after initially not being part of the show.
On September 8, 2019 it was revealed that Kelvin would be replacing injured Jamie Laing on Strictly.
He was partnered up with Oti Mabuse, who was originally paired with Jamie and the couple danced their way into the hearts and minds of fans across the country.
Speaking about signing up to the show, Kelvin said: “I can’t believe it, it’s a dream come true. Those who know me, after a few beers, I love music and I love to dance, but that doesn’t mean I’ll be any good!
He was certainly more than just good, as the 35-year-old made his way to into the final three and dropped just two points on the leaderboard in the final after performing three dances, one of which was the Samba which he performed excellently in week one.
Kelvin and Oti embraced one another and could not hold back the tears after becoming the seventeenth couple to win strictly Come Dancing.
They defeated finalists CBBC presenter Karim Zeroual and EastEnders actor Emma Barton to win the show.
Why did Kelvin Fletcher leave Emmerdale?
Kelvin first joined Emmerdale at the tender age of six-years-old in 1996.
He played the part of Andy Sugden for 20 years, before quitting the role in 2016 for good.
During an appearance on This Morning, the actor opened up about his decision to leave the ITV soap.
Speaking to host Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford, he explained: “Twenty years is a long time. It’s been an incredible twenty years.
“I am so grateful to Emmerdale. Throughout that period I have always had a real sense of fulfillment and purpose.”
He added: “What started out as a hobby at six years old – I was then able to do something like that every day on a professional platform on one of the country’s greatest shows. I have been extremely lucky.
“Looking back over 20 years it has been a rollercoaster and for me it’s give me passion to leave and continue.”
WHAT’S ON TV?
Karim of the crop
Karim Zeroual – age, parents and has the Strictly star danced before?
SLAP UP DINNER
Meet the Celebrity Come Dine With Me line-up
The Grand Tour’s back on Amazon – Clarkson and co return with one-off special
MAKING A MOVE
When is Celebrity Flirty Dancing on and who is in the line-up?
Who are the MasterChef: The Professionals finalists and what is the prize?
All you need to know about A Christmas Carol on BBC One this Christmas
Is Kelvin Fletcher married and does he have kids?
Kelvin married his long-time love Liz Marsland in a lavish £55,ooo ceremony on November 28, 2015.
They welcomed their daughter Marnie the following year.
In August 2018, the couple announced that they were expecting their second child, a son who was born in December 2018.
- Radio 1 DJ Maya Jama set to be offered six-figure sum for Strictly Come Dancing
- Strictly Come Dancing bosses 'have secured their biggest names yet as stars see their work plans cancelled by coronavirus crisis'
- Maya Jama is 'set to be offered a SIX-FIGURE sum to take part in this year's Strictly Come Dancing'
- Who is Lauren Steadman? Strictly Come Dancing 2018 contestant and Team GB Paralympic athlete
- Strictly Come Dancing judge Shirley Ballas strips off for rare saucy bikini snap
- FIFTH Strictly Come Dancing contestant revealed as Catherine Tyldesley
- Strictly Come Dancing fans convinced Gok Wan is seventh celebrity contestant after big clue
- Will Matthew Wright ever take to the dance floor on Strictly Come Dancing? Video
- Strictly Come Dancing star Iveta Lukosiute welcomes second baby
- Michelle Visage lifts lid on biopsy health scare hours before Strictly debut
- 'Whatever happens, it'll air somehow': Strictly's It Takes Two host Zoe Ball is convinced the competition show WILL return this year amid COVID-19
- Dianne Buswell and Joe Sugg take fans back in time as they dress up for 80s inspired aerobics class... as Zoe Ball insists Strictly WILL return this year
- Ashley Banjo of Britain's Got Talent winners Diversity could become next judge on show
- Strictly's Katya Jones and Ed Balls perform virtual Gangnam Style dance while Davinia Taylor indulges in a bath after gruelling treadmill marathon as they lead the stars taking part in #twopointsixchallenge
- BBC could quarantine actors and crews on dramas to aid filming
- Strictly star AJ Pritchard insists mum 'wasn't bum-shaming Maura' in Love Island
- Strictly is BBC's 'big priority' as bosses plan shake-up and hint they've signed RuPaul
- Christie Brinkley quits Dancing with the Stars after breaking an arm in rehearsals
- Celebrity shock: Strictly star Gemma Atkinson wants to leave the UK with partner Gorka Marquez
- Strictly's Graziano di Prima and fiancée Giada Lini welcome new family member two months before wedding
Who is Kelvin Fletcher? Strictly Come Dancing 2019 winner and Emmerdale actor have 955 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 14, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.