SHOCKING scenes unfolded at Bloomfield Road yesterday as rival Blackpool and Fleetwood fans fought on the pitch. The League One clash between the two Lancashire clubs was disrupted when a home spectator ran on to goad the away followers. The Blackpool fan quickly jogged off the pitch – but a Fleetwood supporter, refusing to be outdone by their hated rivals, swiftly followed suit by charging onto the pitch, sparking the melee. Despite the best efforts of numerous stewards, the pitch invader managed to get away from them. Instead, two opposition fans took it upon themselves to stop him by coming out of the stands and punching him in the head repeatedly. As the three scrapped on the edge of the pitch, stewards finally managed to pull them apart.But it then sparked more ugly scenes as a large group of fans piled down to the barriers in the south-east corner of Bloomfield Road and had to be restrained by police and stewards. The drama unfolded after Blackpool made it 3-0 midway through the second half as Armand Gnanduillet headed home, adding to Liam Feeney and Sullay Kaikai’s goals. Conor McAleny pulled one back ten minutes from time for the Fishermen but… Read full this story
- Rangers played like heroes to win Europa League clash in Croatia, says Gerrard
- Ireland's Seanie Maguire to miss the start of the season with Preston and Ireland's Nations League clash with Wales
- Watch: Shocking moment cyclist pushed off road into hedge 'filmed in Northern Ireland'
- Watch: Paddy Jackson says 'bonjour' to fans of new side Perpignan
- Liverpool fan fighting for life after being 'attacked with belt' is named
- Watch: Violent scenes outside Anfield ahead of Liverpool's Champions League tie with Roma
- Diego Costa blow for Atletico ahead of Europa League clash against Arsenal
- Klopp predicts fiery Champions League clash against City
- Crystal Palace vs Liverpool LIVE: Latest score from the Premier League clash at Selhurst Park
- Watch: Shocking footage captures mass brawl at prestigious Ascot racecourse
Watch shocking scenes as rival Blackpool and Fleetwood fans fight on the pitch in the League One clash have 330 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 8, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.