As the rumours continued to swirl about Lily and Matt, Claire Foy turned up last week in Verona, the city of Romeo and Juliet, pontificating about love. ‘I’ve had some Romeos in my time but I’m a bit too grown up for that now,’ she said.
‘I’ve got too many battle scars to want to entirely give myself over to somebody in that way,’ the divorced mother-of-one revealed as she plugged the 2020 Pirelli calendar, in which she appears.
‘My first successful love was a disaster and a tragedy. I was desperately in love, desperately. He broke my heart. Unrequited has become a habit, love is never successful for me.’
Perhaps Claire’s luck has changed!
Claire Foy, pictured at the launch of the Pirelli 2020 calendar in Verona, Italy said: ‘I’ve had some Romeos in my time but I’m a bit too grown up for that now. I’ve got too many battle scars to want to entirely give myself over to somebody in that way.’
Rose gets a taste for her family name
How very peculiar! After 14 years of happy marriage, chic society beauty Rose Van Cutsem has taken the surprising decision to revert to her famous maiden name, Astor. Her reason? Bizarrely, she says, because it rhymes with pasta!
It’s the oddest excuse I’ve ever heard for a woman ditching her husband’s surname. But travel writer Rose assures me: ‘No one can spell Van Cutsem, Astor rhymes with pasta and I’m a big old foodie so back I go.’
Rose and husband Hugh are the parents of famous ‘grumpy bridesmaid’ Grace, who covered her ears on the Buckingham Palace balcony after Prince William and Kate’s 2011 wedding.
Rose Van Cutsem has taken the surprising decision to revert to her famous maiden name, Astor. Her reason? Bizarrely, she says, because it rhymes with pasta!
Stanley Tucci, pictured, claims he buys reading specs in Poundland
Celebs spouting nonsense
Hollywood star Stanley Tucci – who’s never without his designer specs – claims he’s started snapping up reading glasses in Poundland.
American Stanley, who moved here in 2014 with his wife Felicity, says he was put on to the idea by his British pals.
The 59-year-old star of The Devil Wears Prada and The Lovely Bones, says if he buys several cheapy Poundland pairs ‘it’s not so much of a crisis if I lose them at the gym’.
Stanley in Poundland? I really can’t see that!
It’s been a subject of much speculation… just how did unlikely couple Lily Allen and US actor David Harbour get together?
I can reveal they met on exclusive LA dating site Raya, aimed at the celebrity scene.
Singer Lily, 34, and David, 44 – star of Stranger Things – first set tongues wagging in August when they were spotted at a London show.
- Claire Foy reportedly paid less than co-star Matt Smith for The Crown
- The Crown star Matt Smith says he and Claire Foy should be paid ‘equally and fairly’
- Claire Foy: ‘My anxiety was a tool to survive’
- Claire Foy says pay-gap issue ‘definitely opened my eyes’
- From Elizabeth to Lisbeth — Claire Foy's transformation
- ‘Doctor Who’ and Netflix’s ‘The Crown’ star Matt Smith is reportedly joining ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ to play a ‘key role’
- Home and Away star Ray Meagher, 75, is hospitalised and forced to undergo emergency open heart surgery after doctors find multiple 'serious' blockages during routine health check
- News Schwarzenegger has emergency open-heart surgery: TMZ
- Arnold Schwarzenegger underwent an emergency open-heart surgery and is now in stable condition
- Claire Foy wasn’t offered back pay for her role in ‘The Crown’