Sydney’s long-awaited $3 billion light rail opened its doors to the public today – only for one tram to break down and another to accidentally go down the wrong line. A ‘mechanical issue’ has been blamed for a tram coming to a complete stop near Circular Quay on Saturday afternoon, forcing all northbound services to terminate at Town Hall. The power loss left the broken-down tram blocking both lines for about an hour. Meanwhile, earlier in the day many passengers found they were being taken the wrong way. The NSW state government blamed ‘driver error’ after passengers keen to get a look at the project were ‘jolted’ near Randwick. A Nine News reporter tweeted that the tram broke hard and then reversed – as it was headed down the wrong line. Sydney’s long-awaited $3 billion light rail has finally opened on Saturday morning with a few last hiccups (pictured Gladys Berejiklian and Andrew Constance at the ribbon cutting) Premier Gladys Berejiklian struggled to cut the ribbon on the delayed and over-budget project needing a little help from a few young train enthusiasts in the crowd The light rail officially opened on Saturday morning carrying its first passengers through the Sydney… Read full this story
- Watch the moment Anthea Turner suffers horrific facial injury as backflip at party goes wrong
- 'The New Mutants' Star Maisie Williams on the Film's Long Delay
- Amsterdam's 'Red Light' district shuts, long lines for marijuana
- Peak-hour chaos in Sydney as 'urgent track repairs' spark major train delays and leave passengers trapped on overflowing platforms
- Ditch franchise system as part of rail reforms, says industry body
- Pregnant Katy Perry 'goes into lockdown' in her Sydney hotel and cancels all press interviews as a safety precaution due to a 'coronavirus scare'
- Caught On Video: Car Trying To Cross South LA Tracks Hit by Metro Blue Line Train
- A Sneak Peak at Chip and Jo's New Spring Line at Target
- Aqua Line service of Noida Metro to resume from 2 PM on Holi, say officials
- Free sanitary pads at all Aqua Line Metro stations from March 8
Sydney's $3billion light rail BREAKS DOWN on its long-delayed first day - while another tram accidentally goes down the wrong line have 343 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 14, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.