Strictly: Shirley Ballas praises Kelvin's 'woodpecker'
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Kelvin Fletcher's weight loss was likely inevitable after delighting Strictly Come Dancing fans with his weekly impressive and often complex performances, alongside his dance partner Oti Mabuse. The actor revealed that his gruelling workout regime and diet plan allowed him to trim down a further 11lbs from his waist line, so how did he do it?
The former Emmerdale actor, who is married to Eliza Marsland and is dad to their two children Marnie, three, and 12-month-old Milo, has won an army of fans thanks to his warm television persona and his impressive physique.
But what many Britons are wondering, especially with the looming prospect of weight gain during the Christmas period, is how has Kelvin achieved his bulging muscles and toned physique, which he has exhibited during his dance routines.
Previously, Kelvin revealed all about his diet and fitness regimen to GQ magazine.
What is Kelvin's diet? What does he eat to maintain his physique?
Strictly Come Dancing's Kelvin Fletcher lost 11lbs of fat by following diet & fitness plan (Image: GETTY IMAGES/PA)
Kelvin Fletcher weight loss: Star lost 11lbs by dancing with partner, Oti Mabuse and following diet plan (Image: BBC)
During his weeks of training he revealed that he has lost an incredible 11lbs, while upping what he eats.
The actor revealed he eats a whopping 3,000 calories per day.
"I probably eat about 300-350g of carbs a day. About 160g of protein, about 60-80g of fat, which I think is about 2,500-3,000 calories.
“Carbs get a bad press, but they’re pretty important. I’ve stayed pretty lean, I’m about five kilos lighter than I was a couple of months ago. Which is fine, I think – it helps with the dancing.
“I’ll have [dinner] at 10.30pm at night… That’s quite late at night to eat like that, but you can’t do everything.
“It would be great to have Tupperware and keep eating while I’m dancing, but my diet is taking second priority.”
Kevin eats his first meal of the day around 7am to 7:30am.
He has "three to four scrambled eggs on brown toast, some zero percent Greek yoghurt that is high in protein and low in fat. I'd like to think that before midday I've had a good 40-60g of protein."
As for dinner, Kelvin revealed due to his training he often has dinner quite late but has revealed in the past that he enjoys two fillets of salmon and rice to re-energise after his gruelling dance training.
Strictly Come Dancing finalist: Kelvin Fletcher, Emma Barton and Karim Zeroual pose with Strictly trophy (Image: BBC)
Kelvin also previously revealed that he also drinks at least four litres of water a day.
However, he's not all work and no play.
In a past interview he revealed that he likes to reward his healthy lifestyle by cutting loose on a Friday and enjoying a couple of cold beers.
As for Kelvin's workout regime?
Kelvin usually works out at 7am, although with his current strict Strictly Come Dancing training, he gets up as early as 5am to fit in his workout.
"I’ll get up at 5-5.30 in the morning. Normally I wouldn’t be training that early, I’d be in at 7am, but you do what you have to do," he revealed to the publication.
Kelvin Fletcher shows off his trim physique and 11lbs weight loss on social media (Image: INSTAGRAM/kelvin_fletcher)
He told GQ that he does a full body workout every day, in order to stay fit and in shape.
"I'll spend about an hour and a half working out: mobility, activate whatever muscles, a full-body session every time, some full-body exercises and some upper-body exercises," he explained.
"Doing a rep range of 12-15 and working at about 75 percent of your max RPM.
"Nothing too strenuous, just keep the blood flowing.
"I've taken out the big compound lifts: no deadlifts, no squatting."
He went on to add: "It was a conscious thing in the first two weeks of training not to do anything too draining at the gym or on the legs, it was pretty much maintenance work.
“Then I start dance training at 10am, which would be until 10pm.”
- Kelvin Fletcher is surprise favourite to win Strictly Come Dancing after last-minute booking
- Kelvin Fletcher reveals special occasion he had to miss because of Strictly Come Dancing
- Strictly Come Dancing: Karim Zeroual and Amy Dowden are overjoyed as they are awarded the FIRST perfect 40 of the competition... just one week after landing in the bottom two
- Strictly Come Dancing: Fans left FURIOUS after technical glitch leaves some unable to vote... forcing show bosses to extend voting time
- Strictly Come Dancing's Graziano Di Prima sends temperatures soaring as he poses shirtless in a series of steamy snaps for new calendar
- Strictly Come Dancing's Bruno Tonioli hints at a record deal as he sets his sights on 'filling the gap George Michael left in the market'
- Strictly Come Dancing fans ridicule Motsi Mabuse's new 'cycling shorts' look
- Strictly Come Dancing's Tess Daly relationship history – everything you need to know
- Strictly Come Dancing's Faye Tozer and Kate Silverton reveal startling weight loss
- 'He's living in the dark ages!' Craig Revel Horwood hits back at Len Goodman as they clash over 'sexed-up' version of Strictly Come Dancing
- What is Lulu’s real name, how old is the ‘Shout’ singer and when was she on Strictly Come Dancing?
- Strictly Come Dancing's Janette Manrana stuns in extreme plunging silver sparkly dress alongside husband Aljaz Skorjanec at gala dinner
- Strictly's Kelvin Fletcher resorting to sickness tablets to cope with Viennese Waltz
- Strictly's Kelvin Fletcher gobsmacked by amazing surprise guest on It Takes Two
- Strictly's Kelvin Fletcher hugs partner Oti Mabuse as he spends anniversary away from wife
- Strictly favourite Kelvin Fletcher tears up as he scores first ten with 'fabulous' dance
- Strictly's Kelvin Fletcher admits he's 'struggling' with being away from young family
- Strictly star Kelvin Fletcher's devoted wife is secretly famous in her own right
- Kelvin Fletcher suffers horrific fake tan fail hours before Strictly quarter final
- Kelvin Fletcher flashes his pants as he gets physiotherapy ahead of Strictly live show
Strictly Come Dancing: Kelvin Fletcher drops 11lbs through diet and fitness plan have 1238 words, post on www.express.co.uk at December 14, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.