This eight-part series features voices from all of the UK’s regions and spans the nation’s biggest industries. Today Tim Wallace visits Sunderland where, to combat a sharply aging population and high unemployment rate, businesses are turning to automation.
A 10 ton load of steel is swinging wildly above my head. Try as I might with the crane’s joysticks, I cannot bring it to a stop.
With a multi-million pound press yards away and a busy factory floor, any mistake or slip could be dangerous – and expensive.
“Basically, you’ve got to take the energy out of that. It is a massive pendulum,” says Tommy Searle, a 29-year veteran at Unipres in Sunderland, a supplier of pressed metal parts for the car…
- Publishing Special Reports And Ebooks At No Cost
- Virtual Assistant: Use a Special Report
- Bartending Secrets Revealed Special Report
- Marketing with Special Reports. 5 Ways to Develop Content Your Prospects Can't Wait to Read
- Housing Markets Extremely Overvalued? Report Indicates Some American Cities Overvalued by 64%
- Making Money With Special Reports
- Kindle Publishing: Offer Your Special Report as an Ebook to Thousands of Kindle Users
- New IRS Rules To Help Your Retirement And Estate Planning - Special Report For Advisory Clients
- Mallorca Property - Special Report on the Investment Hot Spot in Southwest Mallorca
- The New Investor Special Report