90’+6End of the match
Cambodia’s inspirational fairy tale story has come to an end at Rizal Memorial tonight. Vietnam earn a deserving 4-0 victory, and a place in the final to meet group stage rival Indonesia.
Van Toan tops his successful night with a save to Sokpheng’s penalty.
Thanh Thinh touches the ball inside the box. Penalty for Cambodia.
Duc Chinh is booked after a foul.
Cambodia’s shots from outside the area never look like a challenge for Van Toan, who looks very comfortable in goal today.
Duc Chinh is given a chance to increase his goal tally, but he shoots over the bar.
Van Toan catches Sokpheng’s freekick.
Thai Quy makes a tackle near the box. Piseth is on the ground.
Vietnam’s flag in the stadium. Photo by Duc Dong.
Cambodia have their first shot on target in the second half, but Van Toan makes a save.
Vietnam’s coach Park Hang-seo said at a press conference on Friday that Vietnamese players have worn out after five group stage matches and they will have to rely much on their fighting spirit.
“It will be a difficult game for Vietnam as Cambodia had one less group stage match in group A and has had one extra day to rest,” he said.
Eliminating arch rivals Thailand on Thursday, Vietnam entered the semifinals as top of group B, while Cambodia, second in group A, are in semifinals for the first time in SEA Games history.
Coach Felix Dalmas recognized Vietnam’s strength but said he’s confident in Cambodia.
“This will surely be Cambodia’s biggest challenge in the tournament thus far, but we can overcome this. We need to prepare carefully and bring our best spirits and biggest ambitions into the game,” Dalmas said.
“Vietnam are very strong, but they have imperfections. We believe in our chances.”
- Game of Thrones season 8 episode 5 recap
- They're in! Black Caps confirm spot in semifinals
- Pompeo Urged to Block Beijing ‘Aggression’ in South China Sea
- Copa America: Chile vs. Peru semifinal filled with history
- India on cusp of securing semifinal spot
- Minsk 2019: Artur Alexanyan reaches semifinals
- Baseball: Coach Giovinazzo gets landmark victory
- Guam rallies in 5th, one more game to go
- Philippines' Duterte warns over South China Sea 'flashpoint'
- Armenia conquers first gold at the 2nd European Games
- A look back at the Pacific Games 2019
- Belarus victorious in sniper relay at Army Games 2019
- NRL: Reynolds seals victory for Rabbitohs over Sea Eagles
- Guam defends Pacific Games gold medal
- Belarus' Ilya Shymanovich victorious at FINA World Cup in Tokyo
- Azerbaijani team wins Sea Cup-2019 international competition
- National military seamen win Sea Cup
- NRL 2019: Penrith Panthers overcome Manly Sea Eagles
- Liverpool a sea of red as Klopp’s conquering heroes arrive home
- NRL 2019 live: Warriors v Sea Eagles in Auckland
SEA Games: Vietnam saunter to semifinal victory over Cambodia have 484 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at December 7, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.