Robbie Williams sings to a fan on stage during Christmas show
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Robbie Williams originally found fame as a member of the English pop group, Take That. He performed in the band from 1989 to 1995, however, he went on to achieve further commercial success with his solo career, beginning in 1997. Robbie is a much loved singer and has been a constant presence in British music culture throughout the last 20 years. Recently, the singer-songwriter has made an admission that he has struggled with a "relentless weight battle" for several years and admitted that he used a simple diet plan to lose weight.
Over the years, Robbie has put on energetic performances which have required him to stay fit.
In December 2018, he revealed he followed the WW programme, formerly Weight Watchers, to stay in shape.
Speaking of the programme, he said: "It is the first programme that truly feels like it fits with my life.
"After my back injury last year, I definitely let my healthy habits slip and I felt as though I let myself and my family down.
Robbie Williams slimmed using a simple weight loss diet plan – how does he stay in shape? (Image: GETTY IMAGES)
Robbie Williams appeared on WW Wellness that Works podcast to speak about his weight loss (Image: WW, WEIGHT WATCHERS)
"I can't keep trying the same things and hoping for a different outcome.
“I trust the history of behaviour science that WW has."
Recently, when he appeared on the WW Wellness that Works podcast he spoke about his weight loss journey.
Robbie Williams is a WW ambassador and is currently on the new myWW programme – its most customised weight-loss programme ever.
The WW Wellness that Works podcast is a motivational podcast for anyone who wants to build healthy habits – whether that means eating better, moving more, shifting your mindset or all of the above.
What did Robbie Williams have to say about weight loss?
During the episode the ever-entertaining singer and showman, opens up about how his previous relationship with food had affected his mental health, with Robbie commenting that: "I found that normally my history is being overweight and being dreadfully unhappy and then counteracting that with extreme measures and being depressed because there are no nutrients in my body."
Talking about why he became a part of the WW family, Robbie said: "There is this relentless weight battle and weight issue that I've had forever.
"WW phoned up and said, 'Hey, we want you to be really healthy and have a clean head, and feel good about yourself!'.
Robbie Williams has trimmed down since joining WW, Weight Watchers, programme – before and after photos (Image: GETTY IMAGES)
"The universe spoke and I listened to it, and I was like, ‘Yes, please let me get on this’. And I started boxing. That was great for my mind".
When following the WW lifestyle, slimmers focus on choosing healthy and balanced foods and exercising regularly.
The WW website explained: "We will always be the global leader in weight loss, but now WW welcomes anyone who wants to build healthy habits.
“Whether that means eating better, moving more, developing a positive mindset, focusing on weight … or all of the above!"
Robbie frequently shares glimpses into his healthy lifestyle with his 2.1million Instagram followers.
Robbie Williams trimmed down by using WW programme and cut smoking out of lifestyle (Image: GETTY IMAGES)
Previously the singer shared a photo of himself tucking into a colourful salad recommended from the WW programme.
He captioned the post: "Whilst travelling it's easy for me to stay with my @ww.uk plan when I select meals with ZeroPoints.
"My favourite dish is salmon, it's delicious and has less Smartpoints."
Another previous post showed the pop star will also use exercise to stay in shape.
Robbie shared a video of him boxing with a personal trainer in the gym.
He wrote: "Getting healthier is always better when you've got someone by your side.
“I'm lucky enough to have @Tony_Jeffries and @ww.uk to push me to reach targets and feel better together."
- Rebel Wilson highlights her incredible 30 kilogram weight loss in a fitted ski onesie as she enjoys a snow trip in Austria to top off her 'year of health'
- MAFS star Jo 'Foxy Jojo' McPharlin flaunts her incredible weight loss transformation in a glitzy gown ahead of the anticipated all-stars special
- Tiffany Haddish, 41, discusses her weight loss after undergoing a 30-day transformation: 'The goal is to have abs by New Year's Day'
- The secrets of celebrity weight loss! How nutritional therapist Gabriela Peacock keeps her VIP clients in shape and feeling great
- Lose your lockdown love handles in 14 days with this easy diet plan
- Eat your way to weight loss: When he hit 50, TV chef HUGH FEARNLEY-WHITTINGSTALL piled on the pounds - until he devised his own foolproof food plan...
- Rebel Wilson hits the gym with A-list trainer Gunnar Peterson who is known for whipping the Kardashian and Jenner clans into shape - after incredible 30 kilogram weight loss
- Fight the flab! Three celebrities on how they lost weight, and how you can too!
- Dietitian shares 5 simple tips to help you lose weight - and keep it off
- Young mum, 26, who would binge on fast food five times a week reveals how she transformed her body after losing 25 KILOS - and the EXACT day on a plate she now follows to stay in shape
- Is Keto Diet Safe? Side Effects Of The Ketogenic Diet And Who Should Avoid It
- 22 Simple And Effective Tips To Stay Healthy This Winter Season
- Marnie Simpson strips down to sizzling lingerie for series of smouldering snaps... after revealing she kicked junk food in a bid to shape up
- Vegan Diet May Lower Cholesterol: Study
- The best Apple Watch apps we've used: ready for 2021
- Ask Komal: Are vegetarian diets unhealthy?
- Tale Of Tails actress Blanca Blanco poses in a Santa bikini as she reveals how she keeps slim during this COVID-19 Christmas: 'Moderation is key!'
- Getting into shape pre-surgery to aid recovery for older patients: Study
- Dr Zoe Williams’ tips to keep all the family safe this Christmas
- Amber Gill didn’t ‘sit and cry’ about 17lb lockdown weight gain despite trolling & looks BETTER than on Love Island
Robbie Williams slimmed using a simple weight loss diet plan - how does he stay in shape? have 1255 words, post on www.express.co.uk at December 20, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.