Hello, my name is John Cherwa and welcome to our horse racing newsletter as we welcome back Michael Wrona to race calling in Southern California.Los Alamitos is back and running Friday in a short seven-day thoroughbred meeting. This week is Friday through Sunday and next week is Thursday through Sunday. Weekday posts are 1 p.m. with 12:30 p.m. on the weekends.Next year during this timeframe it will be a three-week meeting run under the auspices of the L.A. County Fair. It will be the first time in more than 70 years that this meeting will not be run in September.Los Al was a casualty in the California Horse Racing Board’s attempt to reduce racing dates in California. It is going from eight weeks to five. Forgive me if you’ve heard this before, but it is in the financial interest of the state to have as much racing at the big tracks as it can. It just generates more money for everyone. And, that’s a good thing. So, intellectually you can understand why Los Al gets screwed. Advertisement But those of us with a memory will remember how Los Alamitos stepped up big after Hollywood Park closed. The local racing calendar… Read full this story
- Olivia Culpo is every bit the fashionista in a tan short suit as she has her hands full on coffee run in LA
- Pandemic passion fades when online lovers meet ‘IRL’: Short fiction by Hannah Michell
- L.A. D.A. Race: Incumbent Jackie Lacey Concedes To George Gascon In Hard-Fought Election
- European challenge comes up short on opening day of Breeders' Cup
- Law & Order spin-off writer is fired by Dick Wolf for posting a photo on Facebook showing himself guarding his Los Angeles home with a gun and threatening to shoot looters amid the city's curfew
- Philanthropist George Soros Funds Reportedly Sway District Attorney Races to Reshape Law Enforcement
- Whitney Port keeps her look casual and comfortable with a white T-shirt and shorts as she has a refreshing salon date with a friend
- Obama: Rams' pick of openly gay NFL player Michael Sam 'an important step'
- Highways open to traffic, Mekong Delta expects no more traffic jams
- Tucker Carlson claims trove of ‘damning’ secret Biden docs VANISHED in post with package ‘ripped open and emptied’
Racing! Los Alamitos opens short meeting have 376 words, post on www.latimes.com at December 6, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.