SWEDISH rocker Marie Fredriksson has died aged 61.
The singer – who got four US number ones as part of chart-topping 80s pop duo Roxette – passed away after a long illness this week.
Her family said in a statement: “It is with great sadness that we have to announce that one of our biggest and most beloved artists is gone.
“Marie Fredriksson died on the morning of December 9 in the suites of her previous illness.”
She previously battled a brain tumour in 2002 – after doctors gave her just a 20 per cent chance of survival.
The punishing cancer treatment left her with severe radiation damage – and her 2004 solo album The Change was dedicated to her experiences in hospital.
MOST READ IN NEWS
Boris Johnson warns of ‘clear and present danger’ of Corbyn in No10
Hermes blasted by customers left waiting weeks for Christmas parcels
Man held for murder of boy, 12, after school hit-and-run found asleep in car
YOU’RE FIRED CORBYN
Lord Sugar urges Labour backers to vote Tory to escape Brexit quagmire
Corbyn could win General Election without gaining a single seat, Tories warn
Common diabetes drug investigated for possible cancer-causing chemical
Marie is survived by husband Mikael and their two kids, daughter Ines Josefin, 26, and son Oscar, 23.
Bandmate Per Gessle added “”All my love for you and your family. Things will never be the same.”
- Award winning Belfast poet Ciaran Carson passes away aged 70
- 'Ireland's oldest woman' Maud Nicholl passes away aged 110
- Aimee (11) passes away waiting for transplant
- Belfast boxing champion Paddy Graham passes away
- Saved By The Bell creator Sam Bobrick passes away at 87 after suffering a stroke
- Reunited with his mum: Emma Faulds' dog Maverick passes away
- Taekwon-do Grand Master from West Lothian sadly passes away
- Fernando Ricksen tributes pour in as Rangers legend passes away
- Fernando Ricksen passes away in Scotland aged 43
- Director Alexandru Darie has passed away