By DAVID MUCHUNGUH More by this Author The Kenya Union of Post-Primary Education Teachers (Kuppet) was formed with the tacit approval of the government to counter the then radical and powerful Kenya National Union of Teachers (Knut).Kuppet Secretary-General Akelo Misori, in a new book, finally admits what has always been widely rumoured, but has never officially been acknowledged.PROBLEMSThe union’s formation also fed on the disenchantment with the way Knut treated secondary schoolteachers and college tutors.But the founders faced problems in its early days due to lack of proper operational structures.At the time, founder Tom Chariga was given the green light to register the union, he did not even have a name for it. Related Stories Misori: Sossion was ready to quit but … Advertisement The name it bears was given by then powerful Registrar of Trade Unions, Mr Omondi Mbago. Mr Chariga’s only contribution to the name was the addition of the “e” to the acronym.“I liked the name right away and picked it!” Mr Chariga is quoted as having said when he was interviewed for the book, Teachers, Unions and Labour Relations In Kenya, A History of The Kenya Union Of Post-Primary Education Teachers.The book, which Mr Misori has… Read full this story
- Arrests over £6m laughing gas plot
- Ex-FBI agent who exposed IRA terrorists lives in constant fear of assassination
- Nissan taps new Renault boss to replace Ghosn on board
- How apartheid poisoned the world
- These are the TV shows everyone will be talking about in 2019
- Liverpool move seven points clear at top of Premier League after thrilling win over Crystal Palace
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by BP: 3 lobby scoops to start your day — Enter the trade unions — 9 ways to save Brexit
- Spider-Man: Far From Home – trailer breakdown, theories and easter eggs for the Marvel film?
- Poldark is back and that's not all
- Paul Massey murder trial told of Salford gangs and 'being labelled a grass'
Kuppet boss exposes plot to weaken and vanquish Knut have 318 words, post on www.nation.co.ke at December 28, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.