Last night saw bookies’ favourite Kelvin Fletcher and Oti Mabuse lift the Glitterball trophy in the emotional Strictly Come Dancing 2019 final.
The jubilant stars wept as they were announced the winners, beating Emma Barton and Anton Du Beke, and Karim Zeroual and Amy Dowden in the very last episode of the decade.
Even Oti’s sister, judge Motsi Mabuse, was in tears of pride after awarding Kelvin and Oti perfect scores for all three of their routines.
And some fans may have noticed Kelvin’s own parents were in floods as they gave their son a standing ovation from the audience.
His proud dad Warren Fletcher was left completely speechless when Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly read out the winners’ names – and could do nothing but sob with choked emotion as he and Kelvin’s mum looked at each other in shock.
They were sitting next to Kelvin’s wife Liz Marsland, who beamed and cheered at her husband’s win.
The proud threesome seemed totally overcome with emotion as even Kelvin stumbled for the right words to express his feelings.
Liz has been Kelvin’s rock during his training, even patiently understanding why he’s had to swerve important family occasions to have a shot at the trophy.
Not only did his miss his wedding anniversary because of his and Oti’s gruelling training regime, last week he also had to skip his son’s first birthday.
The 35-year-old actor has been getting up at 5am to start working out before heading into 12 hours of training with Oti.
After learning his routine on the Monday, Kelvin has been making sure he knows it off by heart by Tuesday lunchtime so he and Oti can spend the rest of the week perfecting every step.
The Strictly champ has been chowing down a whopping 3,000 calories and drinking four litres of water a day to fuel his rehearsals, and it’s certainly paid off, with even Motsi and Shirley Ballas losing their composure over his muscles.
And Liz has been coping with judges’ feedback about Kelvin and Oti’s sizzling chemistry with aplomb.
She told Hello! magazine: “It doesn’t bother me, I’m used to seeing him kiss Britain’s sexiest females on Emmerdale.
“I know the biggest part of a dance is the story and making it believable, I understand it’s performance.”
- Strictly Come Dancing Final 2021 – Giovanni Pernice breaks silence on ‘beautiful’ Rose Ayling Ellis before last show
- Strictly Come Dancing final leaderboard LIVE: Who will win 2021 series?
- Strictly Come Dancing final 2021 – AJ Odudu forced to QUIT show over horrific ankle injury just hours before finale
- Strictly Come Dancing final news 2021 – AJ Odudu forced to QUIT as Rose fave to win plus what time is show on tonight
- John Whaite dealt crushing blow days before Strictly Come Dancing final
- Who is in the Strictly Come Dancing final and what time can you watch the BBC show?
- Johannes Radebe dealt devastating blow hours before Strictly Come Dancing final
- Strictly Come Dancing final news 2021 – Rose Ayling-Ellis crowned winner as fans claim Tilly Ramsay was ‘snubbed’
- Strictly Come Dancing Final 2021 – How John Whaite will become MILLIONAIRE despite losing to Rose Ayling-Ellis
- Strictly Come Dancing final news 2021 – Rose Ayling-Ellis is crowned champion beating John Whaite to the Glitterball
- Anton Du Beke on ‘volatile’ Strictly Come Dancing final: ‘It’s like the old days’
- Strictly Come Dancing final CUT SHORT tonight after dramatic last-minute changes to the show and start time
- Strictly Come Dancing final predictions - body language expert reveals her verdict
- Morning Live fans want AJ Odudu as permanent host after triumphant show following Strictly Come Dancing final
- BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2021: Adam Peaty cuddles up to girlfriend Eiri Munro after Strictly Come Dancing final
- Johannes Radebe reveals family want to meet John Whaite after Strictly Come Dancing final
- Strictly Come Dancing 2019 final: Viewers in tears as Kelvin Fletcher and Oti Mabuse win Glitterball
- Oti Mabuse lands exciting career move away from Strictly Come Dancing
- Strictly Come Dancing 2021: Robert Webb confirms he won’t return for final and silences rumours of ‘bad feeling towards the show’
- What happens if Strictly Come Dancing's AJ Odudu can't dance in final due to injury?
Kelvin Fletcher's dad sobs with pride in emotional Strictly Come Dancing final have 687 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 15, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.