JUST 10,000 voters in battleground seats have the destiny of Brexit in their hands. Swing voters in knife-edge constituencies will be crucial on Thursday in deciding if Boris Johnson gets it done. But there are fears Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party could gain enough votes to stop him returning to No 10. Election analyst Lord Hayward said: “For those who want to return a pro-Brexit MP, they will need to support the Conservative candidate.” The Tory peer’s eve-of-poll reckoning shows that between ten and 15 thousand — a tiny fraction of the UK’s 47million electorate — hold the country’s fate in their hands. Mr Johnson winning a majority in the early hours of Friday morning will see a Commons vote before Christmas Day and ensure the UK leaves the EU at the end of January.But a hung Parliament would likely lead to Jeremy Corbyn in Downing Street, propped up by the SNP and the Lib Dems — leading to another EU vote and a new independence referendum in Scotland. And Mr Farage’s decision to field candidates in all seats not held by Conservatives could see tight results. The Brexit Party itself looks unlikely to win anywhere, having fallen to around three per… Read full this story
- As general election nears, Harris loses support of teachers union to opponent Molly Mitchell
- Gibraltar election 2019: Why is Gibraltar having an election before Brexit?
- Rick Salutin: Election 2019: the narcissism of minor party differences
- Federal election 2019: Where the parties stand on housing
- Haryana assembly elections 2019: Candidates campaign for over 18 hours in Assandh
- Spain's PM calls snap general election for 28 April
- Election 2019: 2 running for Kettering Council race
- Stratford Election 2019: Meet The Candidates
- Letter To The Editor: Elected Leaders Should Answer Voter Emails
- OPINION | Election 2019: A national reckoning on climate change
General Election 2019: Just 10,000 voters in battleground seats have destiny of Brexit in their hands have 293 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 8, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.