A group of friends have said they’ve been left thousands out of pocket by easyJet after the airline cancelled their flight at the last minute – leaving them having to rearrange an alternative journey at theireasy own expense. Cardiology nurse, Margaux Isbecque, had booked travel to Venice from Gatwick Airport with easyJet on 27 July 2018 alongside three friends, but their holiday started disastrously. On the day of departure, Margaux, 27, and her partner Finlay and friends, David and Nicky, arrived at Gatwick Airport with their luggage and bikes in tow in preparation for their cycling holiday. The group were planning to explore Venice for two nights before biking through the Dolomites mountain range. But their plans were thrown into disarray when, after being delayed already, easyJet cancelled the flight just as passengers were about to board. The flight, first scheduled to depart at 18.45, later changed to 19.45 and then back to 19.00 on the easyJet app. At the airport, the departure board instructed passengers to start boarding, however once queues formed, easyJet announced the news. The excuse given by the airline was “mass disruption” due to a lack of staff and the runway being closed. EasyJet then claimed it did not have the capacity to… Read full this story
- Prince ordered to pay Irish concert promoters millions for last minute cancellation in 2008
- Ex-etiquette: Wife wants ring to pay for divorce costs
- NYPD fuming over Bronx Puerto Rican Day Parade's last-minute cancellation
- David Arquette replaces Michael Vick on 'Oprah' after NFL player's last-minute cancellation
- Feds urged to pay city war costs
- Flights: easyJet scrap booking fee - how much money can you save on your next flight?
- Flights: easyJet scraps booking fee - how much money can you save on your next flight?
- Flamingo struts around Majorca airport in front of easyJet plane
- Mobile switch: How I canceled Verizon and cut my phone bill in half
- Yankees paying A-Rod, but taxpayers will be paying more too
EasyJet refused to pay us back after last minute cancellation cost us thousands have 323 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 14, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.