British actress Dame Emma Thompson has told climate change activists that the world is heading for “long-lasting and irreversible change” during a mock weather forecast at a protest.The 60-year-old star was speaking at a “12 days of crisis” rally outside the BBC’s Broadcasting House in central London, which was organised by activist group Extinction Rebellion.She stood in front of a map of the UK, which apparently showed the areas most at risk of coastal flooding by 2030, and said: “And now earth lovers, to the weather.”The Love Actually actress then added: “For those of you expecting a habitable future, we have some pretty gloomy projections for you.”Climate crisis trends show an increased chance of warmer, wetter winters and hotter, dryer summers, along with an increase of frequency and intensity of extremes. Advertisement “Better wrap up warm, stockpile food and remember there is a surprising amount of food in the average household pet.”Looking ahead we are on course to sail past our 1.5 degree centigrade target putting us on track for long lasting and irreversible change.” More from A New Climate Greta Thunberg arrives in Portugal after three-week yacht journey ‘energised’ for climate talks Climate change: Thousands of children skip school… Read full this story
- My part in the anti-war demo that changed protest for ever
- Arrests and injuries as Hamburg gripped by mass anti-G20 protests
- Men in Black International is like Avengers fan service for Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth stans
- First Men in Black spinoff trailer is full of Chris Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson and aliens
- Battlezone: Combat Commander and Extinction playable at EGX Rezzed 2018
- Emma Willis insists there will be 'no more babies' with husband Matt... but admits her midwifery series does make her 'quite broody'
- Ubisoft Donates To Notre-Dame, Offers Assassin's Creed Unity Free On Uplay
- Assassin’s Creed Unity free on PC, Ubisoft donating €500k toward reconstruction of Notre-Dame Cathedral
- Extinction Story Trailer Tells The Legend Of The Ravenni and Humans
- Extinction Review -- Not the Sharpest Tool in the Shed
Dame Emma Thompson gives 'gloomy' climate forecast at Extinction Rebellion protest have 337 words, post on news.sky.com at December 6, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.