Coronation Street’s Antony Cotton has told how he responded to a desperate call about a suicidal soldier. It was 11.30pm but the Corrie star did not hesitate and rushed to the struggling man. He said: “I drove to a motorway bridge, to a soldier I’d never met who was suicidal and then drove him back to my house.” That was five ago and Antony, 44, lost contact with him until Christmas Eve last year. Antony said: “I saw him in a supermarket, walking towards me with a pram with his wife and two babies. “There was Christmas music playing and I stepped round my trolley and hugged him. “We were both close to tears and he just said: ‘thank you’. It made my Christmas and that’s why I do what I do.” Antony, a passionate supporter of the armed forces, has been making other people’s Christmases this year. He teamed up with the Sunday People to visit the residents of Greater Manchester’s Broughton House, a retirement home for ex-soldiers, to hand out presents. But the modest star brushes aside any praise and insists he is fortunate to be able to laugh and joke with the residents. He said: “I’m the… Read full this story
- Coronation Street’s Antony Cotton brands Ikea shoppers ‘idiots’ – despite driving there to shop himself
- REVEALED: Elite SAS soldier is under investigation for allegedly shooting an unarmed, intellectually-disabled Afghan villager - in an attack known as the 'village idiot killing' among colleagues
- A10 Motorway Bridge Collapse In Italy Kills At Least 22
- Fearne Cotton shows off her honed frame in a sports bra and leggings as she wows with impressive yoga moves
- Sia reveals she once saved child actor Maddie Ziegler from ‘disgusting’ Harvey Weinstein
- PICTURED: Hero soldier, 34, who 'saved countless lives' by running over would-be mass shooter with his pickup truck as he fired on drivers crossing Kansas bridge
- Chilling moment Britain's first female suicide bomb plotter told police she was planning a Sri Lanka-style terror attack on St Paul's Cathedral - as she SMILES and does ISIS salute as she is jailed for 14 years
- Horrifying moment machete-wielding thugs - including girls - fight at huge 'Quarantine rave', as it's revealed teenager was raped, a man, 20, died of 'drug overdose' and three more were stabbed at illegal weekend festivities
- Missouri man charged with 9 felonies in bridge shooting
- Bollywood Celebrity Manager Anirban Blah Accused In #MeToo Tries To Commit Suicide!
Corrie's Antony Cotton reveals how he saved suicidal soldier from motorway bridge have 408 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 14, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.