GUN violence is coming to Coronation Street as Gary Windass kidnaps Derek to stop him seeing his kids at Christmas.
Christmas on the cobbles will turn into a nightmare in an upcoming episode when Gary pushes Derek too far.
Corrie viewers have watched in horror as Gary has taken on the role of loan shark after murdering villain Rick who was terrorising the street.
The evil builder then found a safe of money belonging to Rick and used it to rebuild the Underworld.
He used his stooge Derek as a cover, claiming he’s a rich businessman who’s invested in the factory.
But things didn’t go to plan when Derek refused to abide by Gary’s rules, dating Gary’s ex and signing contracts on his own.
In upcoming scenes, Derek causes more trouble for Gary when he plans to sell the factory – which belongs to Gary – to Nick and Sarah.
Gary is furious when he puts two and two together but Derek points out that his company’s name is on the factory deeds.
In further upcoming episodes, when Nick and Sarah unveil the refurbished factory, Gary turns up with Maria.
Later, a sozzled Derek admits to Izzy that he never owned the factory.
Nick orders Gary never to set foot in the factory again – but Izzy arrives just in time and forces Gary to announce he owns the place.
Gary then covers his back by pretending that Derek ran into financial trouble so he swooped in to save the factory.
But the evil builder is desperate for revenge against Derek for his betrayal.
It all kicks off when he kidnaps Derek to prevent him seeing his kids at Christmas, leaving him tied up overnight in the furniture shop.
Family man Derek had promised to take his kids on a holiday to Florida but Gary’s antics mean he misses the flight.
Gary is certain Derek won’t cross him again and sends him on his way.
Meanwhile, Fiz drops off an antique gun at the furniture shop but Gary points out that it’s still functioning.
Later, Gary is aghast to find that the shop has been broken into.
He’s concerned when he realises the gun has been stolen and heads into the pub to accuse Ali of stealing from him.
But little does Gary know that Derek is watching from his car.
A worse-for-wear Derek then lurches into the pub, pulls out a gun and fires his first shot.
MORE CORRIE NEWS
‘WHAT AN ANGEL’
Corrie fans sob as deceased Sinead gives Daniel permission to date Bethany
who’s the daddy?
Coronation Street viewers convinced Maria’s baby is Ali’s not Gary’s
Corrie’s Michelle breaks down after discovering Ray is the Bistro’s mystery buyer
A ROVERS RETURN
Coronation Street’s Alina returns for Seb after escaping slave gang
Adam proposes to Sarah as they are held hostage by Derek Milligan in Corrie
SERIAL KILLER’S DAUGHTER
Corrie’s Evelyn realises Jade is dodgy when Hope breaks her arm
A shaken Gary runs from the pub, and Derek chases him into the Winter Wonderland.
The Platts run for cover and Maria arrives looking for her man – but who will meet their end?
Corrie fans will already know that a shock Christmas shooting is set to leave one Weatherfield resident dead on the ITV soap.
Who will it be?
- Still healing from Ventura County's first mass shooting 25 years before Borderline
- Maureen O'Hara of 'Miracle on 34th Street' dies at 95
- At least 295 civilians kidnapped by ISIS west of Mosul, UN says
- Death Toll Is at 17 and Could Rise in Florida School Shooting
- In the Dark: A young mother and son slain. A surprising lead. A family’s 25-year wait for answers.
- After Parkland shooting: A day-by-day fight over guns in America
- Another Christmas, another year of kids crying on Santa's lap
- 'I'm sick to my stomach': 17 dead in Florida high school shooting; former student in custody
- Last Christmas display: 90-year-old 'reluctantly' ends magnificent winter wonderland
- Michigan State's Raequan Williams won't let brothers' murders stop him
- Spoilers! How ‘Creed 2’ rewrites Dolph Lundgren/Ivan Drago's ‘Rocky IV’ cold saga
- Here's how much gangster Whitey Bulger hated Johnny Depp's portrayal in 'Black Mass'
- The 20 best Christmas movies of all time, ranked (from 'White Christmas' to 'Scrooged')
- It's 'Us'! Jordan Peele delivers the trailer for his new horror film on Christmas morning
- Megan Barry, Cyntoia Brown, Kid Rock: Nashville's top opinion reads of 2018
- ‘Mass disaster’ grows at the U.S.-Mexico border, but Washington doesn’t seem to care
- 'Escape at Dannemora' airs a terrifying flashback episode, just in time for Christmas
- Witches, haunted houses, and a few non-horror shows coming to TV this October
- The Predator leads a Shane Black monster squad, plus 22 other movies coming this September
- They asked for a little extra Christmas cheer. Instead, they got rejected, dejected and arrested.
Coronation Street spoilers: Gary kidnaps Derek to stop him seeing his kids at Christmas leading to mass shooting horror have 809 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 10, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.