A traditional Christmas feast is incomplete without the tasty plum cake. Whether you spend Christmas at home with your close ones or decide to have some fun at a party, you will find plum cakes everywhere. A concoction of bitter, sweet, spice and everything nice, it is a blend of a number of flavours and contains a mix of fruits and nuts infused in alcoholic beverages that have been soaked in the liquid for days or even months.Needless to say, while they contain a variety of dried fruits and fruit mix, plum cakes can wreak havoc on one’s diet. In fact, while any dessert may have a detrimental effect on diet plans around Christmas, the plum cake is tradition, and it is perhaps better to find a healthier version than to avoid it completely.Using healthier flour: All-purpose flour is usually used for baking, but it is not the healthiest option available out there. All-purpose flour is devoid of endosperm, which is essential for digestion. A healthier replacement to the all-purpose flour would be wheat flour, almond flour or even quinoa flour. Using a concoction of all-purpose flour and wheat flour too is more beneficial.Not using butter:… Read full this story
- The evolution of king cakes from sugar-topped dough to cheesecakes, boudin, bread pudding and beyond
- Midwife wins £1M after buying National Lottery scratchcard with her last-minute Christmas broccoli
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Extravagant, 18-Foot Tall Christmas Tree: See the Finished Product!
- Lệ Mật brings a traditional Tết to thousands
- January beauty sales 2019: the best deals from GHD, Dyson, Beauty Bay and Look Fantastic
- Leftover Christmas turkey recipes – 10 delicious meals from stew to curry
- Queen Elizabeth and Her Three Heirs Came Together to Prepare Christmas Pudding: Watch Them Stir!
- All 50 Christmas Gifts Given in the Harry Potter Books, Ranked
- 10 Instagram accounts to get inspired by this Christmas
- It's this year's hottest home trend, so here's all you need to know to have yourself a very hygge* Christmas (*That's Danish for 'cosy')
Christmas 2019: Here’s how you can make the traditional plum cake healthier have 330 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at December 25, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.