The Chiefs’ returned PAT may have ruined the day for some unlucky gamblers
The Chiefs really took it to the Raiders on Sunday, blowing out Oakland in a game that was never much of a contest. If you bet a side, you knew pretty early on how things were going to go. But if you happened to bet the total, there’s a chance that the game ended in a tremendously bad beat.
The over/under total for the game closed around 49 at most sportsbooks, meaning that the end of the game provided quite a sweat for those with action. With under a minute left to go in the fourth quarter, the Raiders scored a meaningless touchdown that made the score 38-9. With a 47 point total heading into the PAT attempt, it looked like most of the bettors who took the under were going to scrape by with a win.
Then, this happened:
That Chiefs’ block and return made the score 40-9, setting the game’s total at 49 — causing a push for many who bet the over/under just prior to kickoff. Or, in some unfortunate scenarios, a bad beat for anyone who teased it down to 48.5 or lower.
Of course, one bettor’s bad push/beat is another’s lucky day.
Then again, the total for this game opened around 54.5 so anyone who got in on the action early was likely safe from distress in the final minute. Anyone who got burned by their last-second wager may want to be a little more proactive for next week’s slate.
Pick Six Newsletter
Get the day’s big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings.
Thanks for signing up!
Keep an eye on your inbox for the latest sports news.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Pederson calls the 3-9 Dolphins, who have one of the worst rosters in the NFL, a good football…
The play itself was amazing, but even more so now that we know how it originated
Seattle looks to keep pace in the top-heavy NFC South while Minnesota looks to do the same…
Jeff Lanham lived on the roof for 57 days as he waited for the Bengals to get a W
Running backs at a few traditional powers worked to improve their respective games last offseason…
R.J. White has his finger on the pulse of Kirk Cousins and the Minnesota Vikings
Bill O’Brien finally beats his old boss as the Texans knock out the Patriots in Houston
The Chiefs played their best game game of the season in a dominant performance over the Raiders
Live scores, highlights and updates from the Broncos vs. Chargers football game
- Buccaneers involved in bizarre preseason situation where extra point went through uprights but did not count
- Late score saves Notre Dame victory against Virginia Tech - Inside the Irish | NBC Sports
- How do you tell teachers your child's late because a Quaver got stuck in the printer?
- Henne, Buechele throw TD passes, Chiefs beat Cardinals 17-10
- The 5 best throws of Tom Brady's 500 touchdown passes
- Can Donald Trump beat Joe Biden?
- The Link Between James Brown and Migos’ ‘Bad and Boujee’
- The beheading of a diplomat's daughter shows how badly Pakistan is failing its women
- Lions thrash Magpies to make late charge for top four, as Swans, Cats, Power, Hawks win
- Keenum Throws TD, Browns Beat Giants In Matchup Of Reserves
- Keenum throws TD, Browns beat Giants in matchup of reserves
- Late Luis Suarez winner puts Atletico Madrid on brink of La Liga title - European round-up
- 'Breaking point': Why the red state/blue city conflict is peaking over masks
- WWE Fastlane results, grades: Edge snaps and destroys Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns during Universal Title match
- Vectura auction off as Carlyle refuses to beat Philip Morris bid
- After four years and nearly a byline per Notre Dame point, here's to 4 more - Inside the Irish | NBC Sports
- Blues beat Cats at Kardinia, Pies go top, Swans win
- 30 Years of Notre Dame on NBC: Last-minute TD beats No. 14 Stanford - Inside the Irish | NBC Sports
- No. 3 Georgia outlasts No. 7 Notre Dame's late rally - Inside the Irish | NBC Sports
- How Politics and Bad Decisions Starved New York’s Subways
Chiefs' late touchdown on blocked extra point results in bad beat for bettors have 896 words, post on www.cbssports.com at December 2, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.