Frank Lampard said he wants attacking reinforcements next month after Chelsea secured their place in the last 16 of the Champions League with a nervy 2-1 victory over Lille. Chelsea’s transfer ban was cut in half last week and they are monitoring Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho, Red Bull Leipzig’s Timo Werner, Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha, Lyon’s Moussa Dembélé and CSKA Moscow’s Fyodor Chalov. Lampard’s budget is £150m and he wants his team to become more ruthless after a late scare against Lille almost saw them drop into the Europa League. “I will look at all areas of the team but I think it was quite clear in the summer that you lose Eden Hazard, who was a huge part of scoring or creating our goals last season and the season before that,” Chelsea’s manager said. “I think we’ve found ways as a team where we can still be competitive. We’ve shown that in the league and now the Champions League. But if we’re looking at if we can get even better, can we get better in forward areas to help the idea of being more clinical, then I think we’ll always look at that. “We’re just not converting enough. Some… Read full this story
- Frank Lampard admits it would not be a gamble to sell Olivier Giroud
- Olivier Giroud: Frank Lampard confirms Chelsea striker could leave in January
- Chelsea happy for Marcos Alonso to go in January transfer window after interest from Inter Milan – who also want Giroud
- Transfer news LIVE: Latest on Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool plus Wilfried Zaha updates
- Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal latest plus Thomas Lemar updates
- Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool latest plus Bruno Fernandes updates
- Frank Lampard to have £150m Chelsea transfer kitty to spend this month with Sancho, Werner and Zaha linked
- Transfer news LIVE: Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool latest plus John Stones updates
- Will Chelsea lure Moussa Dembele from Lyon?
- Chelsea cool interest in Jadon Sancho transfer as signing a striker becomes top priority in January window
Chelsea’s Frank Lampard wants strikers in January transfer window have 356 words, post on www.theguardian.com at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.